1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thanks, guys! I was away on training for the last couple of weeks so the project got set aside - again. I will be on leave from mid-Dec to mid-Jan so I should have lots of time to gain ground on finishing this car. There are a few other things I accomplished before shipping out that I will update shortly.

Will you starting a for sale thread on whats left of the cadaver ?

I will have a bunch of parts from both the MCSS and MC CL going up for sale. PM me with your needs.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
As I continue to chronically avoid finishing this project mechanically - I present my latest distraction: bling!

Plasti-dipped the grille and bezels to hide 30 years of weathered chrome and pitted pot-metal a few weeks ago; did the same to the knackered Pontiac emblem and text tonight. Made a quick bracket and added a GTO emblem, and topped off the million different type-fonts with a set of RAM AIR decals. Nothing says Poncho performance like copious amounts of stickers and badges.

Attachments

• gto1.jpg
    gto1.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 236
  • gto2.jpg
    gto2.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 231
  • ramair1.jpg
    ramair1.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks good, I am a huge fan on the Pontiac front end on the wagon.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I like the blacked out grille and headlamp doors....and The GTO insignia. ;)
I too like the Pontiac front end, as Jim stated. I always wanted to put a Grand Am nose on mine.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Thanks, guys! I am doing my best to leave chrome on this car - which is completely against my nature. This front end is temporary until I can prep the '81 fascia for install. I have a little clean up work to do in the garage today - but, after that I should be able to get to building the LS1.

That should be a relaxing process. Should.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Somebody needs to take this project off of pause.

I am just grateful for the freed-up floor and shelf space.

Amen x2. You can't find the play button...I can't find the remote! Keep up the extreme engineering. I had to add a like to the coil spring swap - that's way outside of the box for G-bodies.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Amen x2. You can't find the play button...I can't find the remote! Keep up the extreme engineering. I had to add a like to the coil spring swap - that's way outside of the box for G-bodies.

Thanks! Right now I am watching my 3.5 year and 21 month old girls draw faces and play with fridge magnets, respectively - waiting for Natasha to come back upstairs so I can zip outside. Regardless, time well spent with them as always. As for the suspension mods, I have more ideas that I want to trial on the MCSS - free time is definitely the one thing I need more of.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
After cleaning up the garage I decided to make it messy again by building a driveshaft loop (out of one of those Summit universal kits) with integrated exhaust hanger locations. Funny the projects you forget about until you start to tidy up... welding 1/4" plate is so much fun with the right welder.

Attachments

• dsloop.jpg
    dsloop.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 217

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
After cleaning up the garage I decided to make it messy again by building a driveshaft loop (out of one of those Summit universal kits) with integrated exhaust hanger locations. Funny the projects you forget about until you start to tidy up... welding 1/4" plate is so much fun with the right welder.
Looks great! Yeah, after learning to mig sheet metal, the heavy stuff is much more fun.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Looks great! Yeah, after learning to mig sheet metal, the heavy stuff is much more fun.

Thanks! Fabrication is one of my zen moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor