1981 Malibu Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I got a little bit done. I ended up replacing the hinge pins last weekend, and this weekend got the inside of the header panel in color, along with the hinges sprayed.

I also got the Dzus rails in for mounting the hood. Ill tackle that project here sometime as well.

CAM00251_zps5y8yzelw.jpg

CAM00252_zpsvvi3gddx.jpg

CAM00253_zpsyxwhgca9.jpg

CAM00254_zps4yvjxh4a.jpg

CAM00255_zps2rhcdmvg.jpg

Got the doors back on it tonight and the gaps adjusted accordingly. Body lines arent perfect, but are a bunch better then they were before the pin replacement and adjustment. Still need to wetsand the rest of the car, but the doors are done.

CAM00269_zpsecq8layv.jpg

CAM00270_zpsely2vokn.jpg

CAM00271_zpsjbwu5qoh.jpg

CAM00272_zps6zso2bhy.jpg

CAM00273_zps4gg9p2xc.jpg

CAM00274_zpsighanjpb.jpg

Got busy today on wet sanding the car. Got it all done, just took a short break to come in and eat some lunch, then I will go out and wash it all down good and put the fenders and header panel on it and cover it up until Im ready to spray color. Hopefully in the next couple weeks here.

CAM00276_zpsfkzovp9q.jpg

CAM00277_zpshenyp0ss.jpg

CAM00278_zpsmkrkqocz.jpg

Rodney,
I'm amazed at the amount of progress you're making. Keep up the good work and motivation, brother.
The car will be in color before you know it, :wink:

Thanks Jack!! I work the next two weekends but hope to possibly get it in color the weekend after. I plan to paint the hood seperate as I still have to get the dzus rails and fasteners put in it.

Alright, tossed the fenders and header piece back on and gave her a bath and got her all cleaned up and covered up until Im ready to shoot.

I also wet sanded the bumpers and got them ready to reshoot color on, as well as scuffing and etc priming the grill and head light surrounds. Hoping to shoot color on those tomorrow.

CAM00282_zpsftsflp2w.jpg

CAM00284_zpswapvcsil.jpg

CAM00289_zpsm1kvhxmd.jpg

CAM00292_zpszexxbudg.jpg

CAM00302_zpssxkovyta.jpg

CAM00304_zpspxrwy9in.jpg

CAM00305_zpswlbfdsdg.jpg

Well, decided to shoot the bumpers and grill/head light bezels tonight instead of in the morning. (well, technically it is the morning, started at about 2am and ended at about 3am)

Anyhow, here is a few pics. I got some dirt in these pieces as well, so time to wetsand and buff them. The bumpers at least. I dont expect them to be perfect, but I am sort of a perfectionist so its a tough spot for me.

CAM00309_zpsezigw358.jpg

CAM00310_zpstnitfpfx.jpg

CAM00311_zpsd49zmymk.jpg

CAM00312_zps2vm7qy4f.jpg

CAM00313_zpsvxyimaf2.jpg

CAM00314_zpsc3awp8ex.jpg

CAM00315_zpsgnctrihf.jpg

CAM00316_zpslgfksnva.jpg

CAM00317_zpsxmv9oaqa.jpg

It's going to look really nice done in monochrome...especially that color.
What's that color called? I'm thinking of painting my bumpers in a silver or platinum color. I'm not sure I want to do mine in body color. Your color is an exception.

Go get some sleep... :lol: sounds like you were burning the midnight oil. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor