1981 MALIBU IRAQI TAXI - TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayyyyyy thanks for the warm welcome

So I picked her up today guys, she made it 3 hours to my house (it hit the 625,000 km mark on the way) no insurance and fake plates w/ a suspended license but I got her home that's all that matters.

Thanks for the ideas guys keep em coming! I'm excited to get this baby lookin good

Why would you do that when it would cost you $15 for a trip permit and if you couldn't get one of those u-haul has a car carrier for $60 and if you don't have a tow vehicle you can rent a u-haul truck, oh wait, these options are unavailable to you cause you have a suspended licence and you have no insurance. :doh:

Wow, you just took your thread in a dramatically different direction.

when someone drives under suspension, no insurance and illegal plates and thinks it's funny they shouldn't own a car. If you get run into by someone like that you can be assume they don't have the money to pay for the damages and wouldn't care about who suffers.

• Agree
Reactions: GuysMonteSS
when someone drives under suspension, no insurance and illegal plates and thinks it's funny they shouldn't own a car. If you get run into by someone like that you can be assume they don't have the money to pay for the damages and wouldn't care about who suffers.

I agree with this 100 %.
A####les like this make the rest of us look bad
Guy

:popcorn::rofl:

Reactions: crooklin
Relax boys. It's legit as of Monday.
Real plates , insured, and my suspension is over

It was either drive it or tow it for $700 Which wasn't about to happen.

Anyways it's home now. No more illegal drives. I promise.

Il keep you updated with what's happening on her

Reactions: GP403
Welcome to the site! Malibu looks to be in pretty nice shape!

I'm out on the Prairies in SK. I know where there are 6 Iraqi taxis sitting out here and I've pulled parts from a couple of others that have long been crushed. Still see quite a few 4 doors around here yet. I recently parted out an 81 4 door Malibu.

That's amazing, any pics of your cars?

Hello & welcome from a fellow Torontonian.
This is a great site with lots of knowledgeable folks, also an excellent resource for parts.
Malibu looks like a good score, seems pretty rust free.
One of the greatest things about G bodies IMO is the interchangeability. These cars will accept pretty much any GM V8 (or V6), trans, rearend (obviously width will vary), etc. Interior & suspension components are interchangeable across all G bodies.The only problem is donor cars / parts are getting hard to find.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Rod

Hey rod thanks a lot!
I've found a few cheap donor cars for this 81' and my 79' in the area I'm gonna go check out this week

Do you attend many shows in the GTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor