1981 MALIBU IRAQI TAXI - TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I might paint it a wine red or super dark blue and throw a 4 or 5 speed transmission in her with a 350

Would I have trouble putting a 4 or 5 speed in her? Will it fit??

Also trying to figure out if I'm rebuilding this 350 or buying a crate engine

Anyways, You should be able to get any transmission under there you want without too much trouble. Might need the BFH to massage the tunnel but hell Id hammer the $h!t out of my G body for a t56 and LS swap.

Reactions: crooklin
Most 4-speeds should be a direct bolt-in. T-5 would be pretty easy too. T-56 is totally doable too but not cheap. Certainly more than the tow would have cost.

Reactions: crooklin
I've been following this thread, to see how it was progressing. Please understand that I'm not trying to be mean or malicious here, just trying to understand all of the facts, as they have been presented here.
Also, I will admit that I did some things in my younger days that probably weren't very wise. Thankfully, the internet didn't exist at that time.
Crooklin, I'm trying to get everything straight. You registered on the site earlier this week, and posted some photos of the Malibu that you bought. You said that you located it in northern Ontario. You have said that you located in Mississauga (I know its a big city, but it did narrow things down alot more than saying that you lived in the GTA, or in southern Ontario). Then you said that you drove it home (a 3 hour drive, as you stated, which to me, means that it was probably somewhere in the neighbourhood of a 250-300km distance), without valid license plates, insurance, or a valid driver's license. You then tried to justify your actions by saying that it would have been too costly for you to have the car towed home, and that it was OK, because you had friends driving both in front and behind you, and you were driving at night. Having your friends with you and driving the car home at night does not negate the possibility that you could have been involved in an accident. You knowingly put your safety, the safety of your friends, and the safety of other drivers on public roads at risk by operating a vehicle illegally. Then you said that by Monday, your license would be reinstated, and you would have valid insurance again.
So you see, at this point, I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to figure out which of your actions shows a greater lack of judgement. Driving the car home without plates, insurance, or a valid license, not waiting for at least a few days, until your license and insurance are valid, or publicly admitting to performing an illegal act on an open public forum on the internet.
Crooklin, you could have avoided all of the negative comments (and probably saved most, if not all of your credibility), by waiting a few days, and/or not detailing exactly how you got the car home.
By this point, I've had the opportunity to read your responses to some of the negative comments, and to me, they are somewhat typical, and not well considered. I would urge you to think very carefully before you respond to what I've said here. There are people here who could be helpful to you in your efforts to get your Malibu fixed up, but I doubt you'll get much help, unless you mend your ways a bit.
Please take these comments in the spirit in which they are offered. Just some food for thought.

[
I've been following this thread, to see how it was progressing.

i didnt think people would trip out like that

im just here to talk about the car to be honest

appreciate your response, and i truly appreciate the help from these guys

:banana:

lol is all I can say.....

Lol.

Back to the G body....

if you ever had a car smashed by a penniless uninsured idiot you wouldn't be lol. The carnage caused by uninsured drivers raise the insurance rates and taxes of everyone. Insured drivers are paying billions of $$ in their premiums because of uninsured drivers like yourself

Reactions: GuysMonteSS
Street raced, burnouts, doughnuts, straight headers, tires pertuding, jacked up too high, modified factory equipment,change lanes without signal, speeding, rolling a stop sign,,,,etc any of this stuff sound fimilar to any of you guys from your younger days?
This new member is 20 years old. He did some dumb and risky 20 year old sh*t. Hell he may have even smoked a cigarette and texted while driving. Thankfully nobody was hurt. He also has an interest in G bodys and came here to discuss one. You guys pointed out what you had a problem with. He apoligized and promised not to do it anymore. What else do you want from this guy?

Man some of you guys could mess up a bacholer party.

He didn't apologize, according to him we tripped out so he's not taking responsibility. The are too many like him on the roads already

Reactions: GuysMonteSS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor