BUILD THREAD 1982 Chevy El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
its been so long I forgot how clean this car was... BS 3.0 will be cleaner the the original and 2.0... Still waiting on that call to help you get her back together big homie. Keep up the good work

elcoslick33

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2015
SoCaL-AZ
its been so long I forgot how clean this car was... BS 3.0 will be cleaner the the original and 2.0... Still waiting on that call to help you get her back together big homie. Keep up the good work
you forgot to say so when are u gonna finish It LOL yeah bro sometime in the next month we can get together I'll let u know when

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
you forgot to say so when are u gonna finish It LOL yeah bro sometime in the next month we can get together I'll let u know when

Hahahahah Sounds good, just keep me posted

Here are the color codes that I used

JQ Golden Bronze Metallic (Dark Brown)
LQ Pale Adobe Metallic (Tan)

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Best I can see from pics, looks like you got a solid platform to start a project off with.
Front end reassembly & alignment truly can be a b*tch to get right, particularly with vehicles that aren't 100% symmetrical from the factory to begin with. Be sure to align the doors as needed first before starting back with the fenders & shim & adjust everything a little at a time before tightening everything down. May also want to shim or grind down on front radiator core support mounts to make door/fender gap consistent from top to bottom if needed. If you lost track of shimming, you may want to reassemble before external body work is done to get things right in the end.
While I'm with Mel on changing 2.0 into it's new form, brown sugar is still a nice vehicle look. There is one similar I see trailered to some florida shows. While the color choice isn't my personal choice, I still consider it to look better than 90% of the other elcos around here, partly to the nice workmanship in restoring & improving it from end to end, as you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor