1982 Monte E85 Blow Thru Procharged SBC Build *PICS and VIDS ADDED***RUNNING***

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
How much do you believe tying down your front end helps you? Could it be worth .05 to .1 in the 60?

From watching your video a bunch of times, you need a properly prepped track and I think that would hook or be darn close to it presently. After reading you post again and noticing your mention of you ran after a bunch of street tire cars, I'm sure you got the shaft by that.

I know that is one thing I'm looking forward to during Drag Week, the track will be prepped for 6 and 7 second cars every time I make a run. I think it will make a giant difference and I'll guess it would for you as well.

When do you plan to get out again?
Not sure on tying it down, but if it hooks the less power wasted on chassis movement the better.

I'm not sure, I'd like to get to a rental so I can get alot of passes in. We are setting up a dragstrip out on Long Island and I'm going to do that. Gunna switch to a slick for that though.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
You're going to have to start to look for radial prep days to get that power to hook. Even Cecil county has them. I know when I ran my bracket car, my car ran much different between a standard bracket or TNT night than it did when they prepped it for a radial race.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
You're going to have to start to look for radial prep days to get that power to hook. Even Cecil county has them. I know when I ran my bracket car, my car ran much different between a standard bracket or TNT night than it did when they prepped it for a radial race.
That is some good info to know. What days do they have radial prep?
This is one of the reasons I have been looking to do another rental to get it dialed in. They usually prep one lane for radials at a rental.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
That is some good info to know. What days do they have radial prep?
This is one of the reasons I have been looking to do another rental to get it dialed in. They usually prep one lane for radials at a rental.
With Cecil it’s generally the week before a street car race. My last time out I couldn’t raise the wheelie bars enough to keep the car planted.

Attachments

• E9F52DA3-80A5-4F31-8712-C8F6C3FD6FFC.jpeg
    E9F52DA3-80A5-4F31-8712-C8F6C3FD6FFC.jpeg
    696.2 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: 4 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
With Cecil it’s generally the week before a street car race. My last time out I couldn’t raise the wheelie bars enough to keep the car planted.
What street car race? I was there when they were doing the tri-state street car shootout, but they were only spraying for them

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Got myself a tig welder last week. Started on some mild steel. Went fine, welds looked alittle grey.... My cousin, who is a welder, said weld was too hot. Kept working on it, faster and faster, didn't change much. Went to aluminum and it was a disaster. Hour and hours trying to run beads and it wouldn't clean up. My cousin said I just needed more practice. I was convinced it was the machine. He came over swapped tungsten, torches, filler... Nothing. Finally hooked up his argon tank and Shazam mm. Hours wasted on a contaminated tank.

Hours and hours before
IMG_20210814_141725_684.jpg

First quick bead with non contaminated gas
0814211407.jpg

Also they are opening up an 1/8 mile track locally here at an old airstrip so I got some things to help with that
IMG_20210816_211619_819.jpg
0815211814_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I've been following the Calverton thing myself. Good luck hope its a good time. Its about time they did something. My dad was the last car down national speedway when it closed and I was in the final in Super Eliminator on the last day Westhampton was open. I remember my dad going up about 3 or 4 times TRYING to be the last test pass but then someone would run after him and then he would have to go out again. For me, it was less planned. I was loading the car on the trailer after the final and I had people coming to me saying not bad for the last day. I didn't even know the track was closing!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I've been following the Calverton thing myself. Good luck hope its a good time. Its about time they did something. My dad was the last car down national speedway when it closed and I was in the final in Super Eliminator on the last day Westhampton was open. I remember my dad going up about 3 or 4 times TRYING to be the last test pass but then someone would run after him and then he would have to go out again. For me, it was less planned. I was loading the car on the trailer after the final and I had people coming to me saying not bad for the last day. I didn't even know the track was closing!!!!!
That is awesome!

Reactions: 1 user

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Anyone want the lakewoods 90/10s I took off? They actually seem fine. Just pay shipping

aeroocoupe

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2021
Long
I also weld. You need to clean your aluminum real good, make it shinny new looking. Ball your tungsten and make sure your gas it flowing high enough to shield your weld. Wind is not your friend. Try just fusion welding 1st then start using a filler rod. Good luck.

Got myself a tig welder last week. Started on some mild steel. Went fine, welds looked a little grey.... My cousin, who is a welder, said weld was too hot. Kept working on it, faster and faster, didn't change much. Went to aluminum and it was a disaster. Hour and hours trying to run beads and it wouldn't clean up. My cousin said I just needed more practice. I was convinced it was the machine. He came over swapped tungsten, torches, filler... Nothing. Finally hooked up his argon tank and Shazam mm. Hours wasted on a contaminated tank.
Hours and hours before
View attachment 181815

First quick bead with non contaminated gas
View attachment 181816

Also they are opening up an 1/8 mile track locally here at an old airstrip so I got some things to help with that
View attachment 181818 View attachment 181819

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor