Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
How was the track/runway?

Reactions: 1 user

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016

I don't really roll into it until I get to the camera.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Made it back to another no prep event at our local temporary "race track". Ended up going way faster, and was one of the fastest cars there that drove thru the gate.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Made it back to another no prep event at our local temporary "race track". Ended up going way faster, and was one of the fastest cars there that drove thru the gate.

That has got to be a great feeling. If you get more traction off the line you will really have some killer 60' times. Smoking fast brother. Great job

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
That has got to be a great feeling. If you get more traction off the line you will really have some killer 60' times. Smoking fast brother. Great job
Thanks man. 60' was only a 1.80. I should have pulled the timing for a longer amount of time. Too much wheel speed.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I couldn't read the clock. what did you do?

Better be careful dialing in the no prep tune - you'll be on the street taking everyone's money until the law catches up with you :):)

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I couldn't read the clock. what did you do?

Better be careful dialing in the no prep tune - you'll be on the street taking everyone's money until the law catches up with you :):)
Lol not a chance I'd ever race on the street. Those guys are nuts.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Honestly the car is doing pretty good for what it is. It's a gbody, not a foxbody... Strike one lmao. Learning that 99% of this no prep stuff is weight bias. Still have full interior, and battery is still under the hood not in the trunk. What's also really impressed me is this car doesn't even have a spool. You would think no prep would be terrible without a spool. Gunna make a few changes next week. Hoping for a 6.7 or better. Side note with this set up, and 80lbs lighter, went 6.0 to the 1/8th on the track dead hooked on a radial.

This video is of the first day. I was running just over half a second faster this past weekend. First race on here I was against a big tire nova (2800lbs). Second race I was all alone... accidentally tapped the two step button towards the end of the run lol (@ 1:21:11)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor