1982 Monte E85 Blow Thru Procharged SBC Build *PICS and VIDS ADDED***RUNNING***

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Went back to the track at high boost. Spin city.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
How much boost and timing on the hit?

Can you attach datalog screenshots? I take it you got the FuelTech up and running?

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
How much boost and timing on the hit?

Can you attach datalog screenshots? I take it you got the FuelTech up and running?
Lol Def didn't get the fuel tech up and running.
It makes 5psi on the brake but instantly goes to 14-15 as soon as you let go of the button. I was locked at 32, pulled nothing for first 6psi, then 1* per psi after. Made 17.5# at 6800...dropping off to 16 at 7300rpm. Was rich to half track because of the spinning and peddling.
This was from the "best" pass
0801212225_HDR.jpg

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
32 degrees at 5psi - WOW! I'm blowing the tires off at 6 psi 11 degrees. I guess I could use some more suspension upgrades lol.

What tire are you running?

Are you going to try to get the FuelTech in this year?

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
32 degrees at 5psi - WOW! I'm blowing the tires off at 6 psi 11 degrees. I guess I could use some more suspension upgrades lol.

What tire are you running?

Are you going to try to get the FuelTech in this year?
Fueltech over the winter with the carb.
11* of timing? Your poor exhaust valves lol

32* @5psi on the brake. As soon as I let go of the button it goes to converter stall... ~23* @15psi. All in 21* @17.5psi. Plugs still looked like they could take more. Only heat in top thread.

Reactions: 1 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Also, running a 28x9 Hoosier bracket radial

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Fueltech over the winter with the carb.
11* of timing? Your poor exhaust valves lol

32* @5psi on the brake. As soon as I let go of the button it goes to converter stall... ~23* @15psi. All in 21* @17.5psi. Plugs still looked like they could take more. Only heat in top thread.
I get it to hook at 8 degrees. At 10 I’m peddling. And my exhaust valves are thick skinned lol because they know there replacement is 3 miles down the road in the junkyard.

I lifted both heads on Saturday at 26 psi and 12 degrees.

Your pro charged blow though and my multi port turbo deal aren’t the same I know and understand. And the tunes can’t be close.

FWIW I’m hitting at 8 degrees at 6 psi and dropping to 7 for about a second, then the boost comes in to 18-20 and the timing is ramped back in to 15 and then drops to 12-13 over 21psi.

An expensive intercooler would help me and a larger turbo would as well (less boost and more air).
No matter. You should yank a little timing IMHO to get traction. You’re making probably another 150-250 on the hit than I am.

And I don’t have a transbrake. Again, a different setup.
Great stuff though, keep the vids and results coming. I love your car!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I get it to hook at 8 degrees. At 10 I’m peddling. And my exhaust valves are thick skinned lol because they know there replacement is 3 miles down the road in the junkyard.

I lifted both heads on Saturday at 26 psi and 12 degrees.

Your pro charged blow though and my multi port turbo deal aren’t the same I know and understand. And the tunes can’t be close.

FWIW I’m hitting at 8 degrees at 6 psi and dropping to 7 for about a second, then the boost comes in to 18-20 and the timing is ramped back in to 15 and then drops to 12-13 over 21psi.

An expensive intercooler would help me and a larger turbo would as well (less boost and more air).
No matter. You should yank a little timing IMHO to get traction. You’re making probably another 150-250 on the hit than I am.

And I don’t have a transbrake. Again, a different setup.
Great stuff though, keep the vids and results coming. I love your car!!!!
Lol at the junkyard.

I'm. Gunna try to get it to hook at full power first... About 800hp. I really need some better shocks and more seat time. Only been 7 passes so far lol. Full tilt boogie it should do a 1.25-1.28 60'...that is doable for sure. Car went 146 on Friday.

Reactions: 3 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Also, haven't felt bad about not using an intercooler until that night at the track. Everything under the hood is aluminum and boiling lol

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It would be neat to see your intake temp on top of the carb and below the carb. I think it would be scary how much the blow through is cooling it off. It is the blow through advantage.

How are the coolant temps?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor