1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paint and interior bits look great, great tips for when I get to that stage.

Jim

The paint and body work are absolutely spectacular! Doing that restoration in your garage and achieving the results you have should make the majority of 'professional' body shops hang their heads in shame. I've been following this with awe and was sorry to hear about the engine but doubt that will dampen your resolve to see this finished. I think I'll use your car as a background on my computer to keep me inspired on my own T. Thanks for sharing!

many thanks on the kind comments. I love shooting black now, because once you know how to apply it and sand it...every other color is a cake walk. I shot a Kahki color metalic paint on a late model car this weekend. I had to not sand as much...decrease my air pressure and do a lesser of a quality job to get it to match the texture on the rest of the panels.

Your paint looks great. I plan on putting the gold on my car this year to make it look original again. I hope it comes out half as good as yours did.

Man, I'm jealous of your projects.

well today I believe more in karma than ever. I spent most of the day on sat working on other peoples car for my cost for time. Painted a front bumper cover for a guy i know till 3 am, and wrapped some Lear siegler seats for my dude Skyler

SO I scored a Webber 109NA converted block with Wiseco forged .40 pistons, 206 cam, New built transmission, intercooler, 2 sets of heads, one old, one set brand new old stock, new torque converter, intake, fuel rail, injectors. Block had 150 miles on it before it was pulled. $1200.00

I think I stole it.

The bill for the build alone was 2800.00

I think it was me doing good things for people that this came my way.

Karma can be a beautiful thing sometimes, huh? I believe it as well toby! great score

Got a bit of small tedious work done over the past week

Wing is installed

Drivers side and passenger side wet sanded and buffed.

wheel well moldings installed

NOS grille installed

Took the windshield out and installed the correct clips installed the windshield again and put the moldings back on

installed all the interior plastics on the ttop

Some misc pictures of the interior finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor