1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

LSCustoms said:
yep, motor should be gone and out my way in a few hours, then I can get the garage clean, i was embarrassed let the thing go so bad...

im prob gonna take my dash out and sell the dash and gauges, how much do you think i should ask for? has dakota digital and 10.5" tv flush in, as seen in the pictures
it depends bro cuz im sure most kno the dakota set is pricey and it has a 10.5 tv in it aswell.. but i wud say @least ummmmmm idk it wud b hard to put a price on it lol

the whole set up is nice, how did it look in the el without the center console? or are you selling that too or the whole interior? wish i could afford it, dont want to insult you with my offer, i dont like to low ball good people

yeh I wouldnt give this away, i dont think... and no the center console stays the set up looked real good without the center console just like the factory one did

there was a big *ss hole on the side of my oil pan, cant have the 305 leaking so simple fix...

IMG_20111115_100612.jpg

much happier with my valve covers second time around...

IMG_20111115_080911.jpg

almost ready to fire her up (waiting on double springs to show up Monday, the springs will help limit any horsepower gain, from the weak *ss cam I put in), gotta clean up the engine bay "a little" first though... this 305 should roll pretty smooth...

LSCustoms said:
almost ready to fire her up (waiting on double springs to show up Monday, the springs will help limit any horsepower gain, from the weak *ss cam I put in), gotta clean up the engine bay "a little" first though... this 305 should roll pretty smooth...

:rofl: Can't wait!!!!

started trying to clean up the engine bay and hide some wires etc... along with the hood latch cable...

IMG_20111119_143030.jpg

IMG_20111119_143021.jpg

also mocked up the jeep steering shaft
IMG_20111119_114429.jpg

what i want to do is going to take more work than I thought!

I may sell my interior including my new seats, which are real leather and suede... I like my seats though, so maybe not, but anyhow, dash and gauges can go, i may make an all metal dash and do my own gauges, or fiberglass a new style el co dash, not sure yet... im pulling this dash today!

LSCustoms said:
I may sell my interior including my new seats, which are real leather and suede... I like my seats though, so maybe not, but anyhow, dash and gauges can go, i may make an all metal dash and do my own gauges, or fiberglass a new style el co dash, not sure yet... im pulling this dash today!

Man if only them seats were brown :mrgreen: I wonder if Dakota Digital can swap the colors on used gauges...hmmmmmmm if so I might be interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor