1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

Elco Slimm said:
melman109 said:
That's a nice radiator! What type of fan/fans do you plan on running? I got a clean clutch fan you can have if you need one. :mrgreen:

What else you got over there in your tool shed? I need some stuff!!! LoL

Lol Not much just a bunch of chrome trim that I'm about to clearance out :mrgreen: new year new parts

melman109 said:
Thats a very nice setup! This company was the first people I seen with the paddle shifter but there kit requires the use of an electronic transmission last time I checked.

http://twistmachine.com/Paddle_Shifters.html
yup the other co is the only one that i know if that work with the older trannys too and works good

IMG_20111216_124636.jpg

another goodie :mrgreen: bolts right in with the correct chevy bolt pattern/posi/gears ready to go, but gonna have to put my touch on it (disc brakes etc.)...
sorry for pic quality was dark when taken (need to find a charger for my real camera, but oh well)
IMG_20111216_192205.jpg

my 9 and Warrens housing side by side, this will help me put his housing together the right way...
IMG_20111216_193228.jpg

IMG_20111216_192213.jpg

IMG_20111216_192226.jpg

Ooooooweeeeee! That 9" will be right at home under that elco... What gearing does it have in it?

lookin sweet!! Remember...Do not weld the braces on the housing ..REPEAT..DO NOT WELD THE BRACES ON THE HOUSING. Thanks. Lookin nice bro. Cant wait to see how yours turns out. I got serious plans for mines. When we pulling the BUILT 7.5? I wanna start my "arts and crafts" thing on it...

Elco Warren 8)

melman109 said:
Ooooooweeeeee! That 9" will be right at home under that elco... What gearing does it have in it?
right now around 4 to 1 :mrgreen:

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
lookin sweet!! Remember...Do not weld the braces on the housing ..REPEAT..DO NOT WELD THE BRACES ON THE HOUSING. Thanks. Lookin nice bro. Cant wait to see how yours turns out. I got serious plans for mines. When we pulling the BUILT 7.5? I wanna start my "arts and crafts" thing on it...

Elco Warren 8)
huh? I wouldn't weld braces on a bare housing it will warp/walk the tubes a jig has to be made for it. it needs to be cut down, either re use housing ends, or new housing ends, and bracket kit welded on according to stock housing...

Currie featured on Muscle Car TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor