1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

kuruption109 said:
wuts the word on that 350?
gonna be snatching that out very shortly!

I keep getting off work late and I am pretty damn tired... I think almost delirious, Im afraid to go to sleep though, cause i wanna get some stuff done, but ive been staring at the same thing for about ten minutes, then finally realized absolutely nothing...lol...

this console is kicking my *ss, trying to get all the brackets set right, one front bracket is too tall (it seems), this is driving me crazy, then i "remembered" i modified the dash, so the console shouldn't fit flush with it, took me all of 30 minuted to come up with that... had to take a break, before i break something (else)... lol

even my welds suck right now, so now i gotta grind em (cause its going to bother the hell outta me if i dont) :evil:
IMG113.jpg

IMG111.jpg

doing this half sleep...lol... still gotta do some more welding and make a spacer or bracket for the front of the shifter and hope it works... i thought about taking a bolt about 1.5" long, putting its head on the floor (welding it there), threading a nut on it, putting the bottom of the shifter (through the mounting hole) over the bolt, then sandwhiching another nut over that, so that i can adjust it relatively easy and lock it together... but thats probably my brain going wild cause it made sense when i thunked of it...

IMG117.jpg

IMG119.jpg

console

I am building me another dash too, the part around the tv wasnt supposed to be wrapped so that it flowed into the console a little better... i almost hate it now, plus im going to be putting a ipad there like i intended the first time

"WHen I thunked it" HAHA!! YEah bruh, time for a lil rest before you weld ya damn hand to the floor! That night shift aint no punk! Lookin damn good bru bruh! Now I want my console back!(Lil low key hateration goin on) LOL! Keep the updates goin doggy!

Elco "hatin *ss" Warren :twisted:

LSCustoms said:
I keep getting off work late and I am pretty damn tired... I think almost delirious, Im afraid to go to sleep though, cause i wanna get some stuff done, but ive been staring at the same thing for about ten minutes, then finally realized absolutely nothing...lol...

this console is kicking my *ss, trying to get all the brackets set right, one front bracket is too tall (it seems), this is driving me crazy, then i "remembered" i modified the dash, so the console shouldn't fit flush with it, took me all of 30 minuted to come up with that... had to take a break, before i break something (else)... lol

even my welds suck right now, so now i gotta grind em (cause its going to bother the hell outta me if i dont) :evil:
IMG113.jpg

IMG111.jpg

doing this half sleep...lol... still gotta do some more welding and make a spacer or bracket for the front of the shifter and hope it works... i thought about taking a bolt about 1.5" long, putting its head on the floor (welding it there), threading a nut on it, putting the bottom of the shifter (through the mounting hole) over the bolt, then sandwhiching another nut over that, so that i can adjust it relatively easy and lock it together... but thats probably my brain going wild cause it made sense when i thunked of it...

IMG117.jpg

IMG119.jpg

console
lookin good skip.

I want a welder....lol...brah its coming out sweet...i just through my console in the middle...lol...no brakets....riding dirty i tell ya!! lmao...keep the pics coming! :mrgreen:

Lookin good!!! I'm going to need to get them measurements for the rear console bracket from you. I gotta get mine in soon!

i couldnt get that front bracket to work at all, I dont know if it i because im using a different shifter that the one that custommontess uses or what, but anyhow, i had to figure the sh*t out...

this is what i meant by the gap, about an inch, also there is no real way to tell where to place the brackets... pissed me off, but whatever, every time i use the welder, i get better, so dont hate on my beginner welding techniques, trial by error.. i know the stuff isnt coming out... :D

IMG126.jpg

IMG128.jpg

IMG129.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor