1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

i thought the bolts that came with the shifter were too small, so i picked up some 3/8 x 1.5" bolts from home depot... i need to make two mounting points for the shifter, so i got two bolts, 4 washers, 2 lock washers and four nuts... making the front of the shifter adjustable....

IMG130.jpg

had to make the holes bigger
IMG132.jpg

then
IMG133.jpg

IMG134.jpg

welded them in nice and good...
tack first
IMG138.jpg

then... again dont be hating on my skills or lack thereof...lol
IMG147.jpg

then on to the seat brackets...
placed old seats in to get ruff estimate on location...
IMG142.jpg

then marked them, ground paint off, if not makes for good fires...lol... then re placed seat in to make sure still aligned, tack welded brackets, then welded them... i dont know if it is just me, but i had to tweak em, to get the seat to sit somewhat level...
IMG141.jpg

IMG145.jpg

IMG143.jpg

IMG145.jpg

then sprayed primer real quick, to prevent, stop rust from forming, gonna sand it all down and re paint decent later, but just after prepping bare metal its a good idea to cover it...
IMG149.jpg

IMG148.jpg

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
That sh*t looks janky!!! HAHAHA! Just messin with you chump! :P Man You lookin right bruh! Yeah figure it all out and then I'll let do mine. LOL! You in beast mode on the El right now.. :twisted:

Elco Warren 8)
i got your chump...lol.. imma leave the seat belts out for you and throw the super charger on it... so you can really have fun...lol

raggety engine compartment, slow motor...

IMG125-1.jpg

cleaned up the radiator a little and put on and wired the fans up (the proper way)... gonna be taking these fans out shortly, but trying to get the thing driveable for bro to take it later today...

after., cleaning and a little sanding, not perfect but just for the primer and paint to stick for now...
IMG150.jpg

then black
IMG152.jpg

soldered and wired up fans...
IMG159.jpg

attached them to radiator, forgot to attach the new coolant res. prior to tying it together, so may have to pull apart, or use the stock one for today...
IMG156.jpg

IMG158.jpg

made a silly little bracket to go under the cover plate of the top of the radiator...
IMG166.jpg

IMG172.jpg

ran a tiny wire for the audio, while the carpet was out
IMG153.jpg

IMG154.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor