1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

Man everything is lookin baaaaaad assssss bruh! The shop, the bike, the projects. The level of customizing is just ridiculous bruh. That cute lil purple thing in the corner must be yours. seats looked real comfy too :P

ElcOCD Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Man everything is lookin baaaaaad assssss bruh! The shop, the bike, the projects. The level of customizing is just ridiculous bruh. That cute lil purple thing in the corner must be yours. seats looked real comfy too :P

ElcOCD Warren 8)
shop...lol... messy a$$ garage, keep messing with me bro...lol... i told you i gave that away... bro cant come get it though, so its sitting, someone gave it to me cause i helped them out big time, saved them a ton of money, new motor and fast... keep hating, ill post a vid of my peeps on that one, and me on my water toy, better yet, you can jump on the water ski and get pulled by it, bet you wont talk s^it then...lol... "comfy"

shifter issue was a very minor overlook of a screw... lol... i put the screws back in so i wouldnt lose them and they were in too far, took them out and damn thing work as usual...
IMG181.jpg

...was so tired yesterday forgot to put the coolant res on before i mounted the fans, so took care of much of that stuff today and re ran the shift linkage and mounted the shifter... missing two little ring clips, gotta find them before i can finish all that, or get some more...
IMG183.jpg

IMG182.jpg

mounted the fan relay switch to the fender and cleaned up all the wires...
IMG196.jpg

IMG185.jpg

noticed how much dust and dirt was actually under the hood, so being inspired by ELCO Warren, I decided to spend a few minutes wiping it down, and taking some before pictures, which helped me figure out exactly how i am going to do the engine bay, after i put the new motor in...
pretty dirty from sitting around...
IMG189.jpg

wiped down
IMG190.jpg

IMG193.jpg

IMG191.jpg

IMG192.jpg

would probably look alot better when i actually pressure wash it out etc, but i need to replace the fender wells and some misc. stuff, so just trying to get it back on the road for now.

Skip Brah! thats looking sweet....But did i miss something tho, where did u mount the radiator overflow tank...i dont think i seen it in the pics...or i must be tripping :blam:

I want to do the same set-up, But thats whats holding me back, I dont know where to Mount the Overflow tank once i get the fans and radiator top plate......im going to start ordering little by little...but want to be ready so when the time comes i can install asap..lol

oh and about the relay and the connection, thats another question i have, how do u run the fan connections...u can PM me if u like..

Keep up the good work brah...would love to see elko soon...holla

Big Saint

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Saint! Take off those locs playa. The overflow bottle in right where it should be. I can tell you really were not lookin at how my engine bay is setup. Skip mounted his just like mine.

HAHA!

IMG185.jpg

Opps there it is...Lol...hey im learning ok... :oops: ...j/k....know i see it!....yeah i seen ur set-up but u have it all high teched out...im below that level brah...lol....My question was where did he mount it to....but know i can see in the pic that he has it attached to the fans...Now i know where to mount it to the side of the fan.......thanks :mrgreen:

Just messin witcha bruh! LOL! I have mine running off a painless fan relay setup. Simple. On my driver side of the engine block, im running a fan turn on/turn off switch. I believe mine is a 205 on/195 off. You can get lower on/off switches. I ran the wire from the "fan thermostat switch" in the engine block out to the painless relay. The relay is grounded and has a 12v power from the battery. Then a wire runs out to the fans. When the temp reaches 205 my fans come to cool the car down. Fans shut off at 195. I wouldnt set the fans up to stay on all the time cuz you can wear em out quickly like that..

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Just messin witcha bruh! LOL! I have mine running off a painless fan relay setup. Simple. On my driver side of the engine block, im running a fan turn on/turn off switch. I believe mine is a 205 on/195 off. You can get lower on/off switches. I ran the wire from the "fan thermostat switch" in the engine block out to the painless relay. The relay is grounded and has a 12v power from the battery. Then a wire runs out to the fans. When the temp reaches 205 my fans come to cool the car down. Fans shut off at 195. I wouldnt set the fans up to stay on all the time cuz you can wear em out quickly like that..

Elco Warren 8)

Ahhhh ok i see...I know u were playing brah...hahahahaha...ok well I guess slowly but surely i will buy the parts i need here and there..thanks for the info....and skip thanks for the pics...looks good brah.,,. :P

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Skip Brah! thats looking sweet....But did i miss something tho, where did u mount the radiator overflow tank...i dont think i seen it in the pics...or i must be tripping :blam:

I want to do the same set-up, But thats whats holding me back, I dont know where to Mount the Overflow tank once i get the fans and radiator top plate......im going to start ordering little by little...but want to be ready so when the time comes i can install asap..lol

oh and about the relay and the connection, thats another question i have, how do u run the fan connections...u can PM me if u like..

Keep up the good work brah...would love to see elko soon...holla

Big Saint
I remembered when I was looking at warrens it was i that general area under the radiator fill cap, when u put it there, the only place to mount it was on the fan shroud housing and it was pretty simple, came with locking nuts... and it held up pretty strong...

as far switching the fans on and off, i got my set up for about $35 at a local speed center, they gave me a little discount i think, cause the one I wanted was $100... it is adjustable on and off temp points...

there were 6 wires coming out of it and a relay, along with an adjustment knob, that you need a very small flat head to adjust...

on the fan side, I wired/soldered both the negatives together and to one long wire, then lengthened the positive of each fan so that there were three wires to hook up from the fan... 1-ground, 1-fan #1, and 1-fan #2. i heat shrunk that and put it in wire loom to make it look closer to factory...

on the relay switch set up, there were approx. 6 wires, there were 1-positive (to battery), 1-negative (ground this wire to the battery along with all ground wires), 1-ignition (to a power source switched on by the ignition), 1-fan #1 (to the fan), 1-fan #2 (to the fan), 1-A/C (didnt use)

which ever kit u use, let me know, i will walk you through wiring it up and placing it, make sure you know what kind of amperage the fans you use draw, cause you will need a set up that can provide the correct amount, or else you fans may not turn on... real simple though bro

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Saint! Take off those locs playa. The overflow bottle in right where it should be. I can tell you really were not lookin at how my engine bay is setup. Skip mounted his just like mine.

HAHA!

IMG185.jpg
see that y i like pictures, this picture is going to bug the hell outta me till i fix some minor details, even though i will really clean up the engine bay when i snatch the motor out...

the two lines that are coming from my trans cooler and to the hard lines going to the trans, thats gotta go, i need to grab some hose (which is about $7 a freakin foot) and run that line cleaner cause the hard line looks a mess..that was supposed to be temp anyway...i need to cut back or remove the two fittings for the ac line also, cause it is there for no reason, i like having the unit in front of the radiator though, cause it helps keep debris and damage from my radiator, and i need to pull the battery out and clean that tray and spray it black real quick and pick up another tray for the other side, and spray it, back to the junk yard... would powder coat them, but Ive learned to just do what i can myself, this isnt a show car and money is tight, learned alot about patience form my big bro (old *ss) ELCOCD Warren... thanks for your continual inspiration bro... sh*t that I know I can do myself, I will

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor