1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1984 Chevy El Camino

LSCustoms said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Skip Brah! thats looking sweet....But did i miss something tho, where did u mount the radiator overflow tank...i dont think i seen it in the pics...or i must be tripping :blam:

I want to do the same set-up, But thats whats holding me back, I dont know where to Mount the Overflow tank once i get the fans and radiator top plate......im going to start ordering little by little...but want to be ready so when the time comes i can install asap..lol

oh and about the relay and the connection, thats another question i have, how do u run the fan connections...u can PM me if u like..

Keep up the good work brah...would love to see elko soon...holla

Big Saint
I remembered when I was looking at warrens it was i that general area under the radiator fill cap, when u put it there, the only place to mount it was on the fan shroud housing and it was pretty simple, came with locking nuts... and it held up pretty strong...

as far switching the fans on and off, i got my set up for about $35 at a local speed center, they gave me a little discount i think, cause the one I wanted was $100... it is adjustable on and off temp points...

there were 6 wires coming out of it and a relay, along with an adjustment knob, that you need a very small flat head to adjust...

on the fan side, I wired/soldered both the negatives together and to one long wire, then lengthened the positive of each fan so that there were three wires to hook up from the fan... 1-ground, 1-fan #1, and 1-fan #2. i heat shrunk that and put it in wire loom to make it look closer to factory...

on the relay switch set up, there were approx. 6 wires, there were 1-positive (to battery), 1-negative (ground this wire to the battery along with all ground wires), 1-ignition (to a power source switched on by the ignition), 1-fan #1 (to the fan), 1-fan #2 (to the fan), 1-A/C (didnt use)

which ever kit u use, let me know, i will walk you through wiring it up and placing it, make sure you know what kind of amperage the fans you use draw, cause you will need a set up that can provide the correct amount, or else you fans may not turn on... real simple though bro

Nice good looking out brah...i will be getting parts slowly myself...monies tight over here as well...I most likey will be getting fans and relay on ebay as a set so that i know the amps will work perfect with the fans and is going to coming with everything I need to hook it up...But the one i see on ebay comes with a temp sensor that goes into the engine block? I have my temp gauge temp sensor in there know...do i need to exempt that and just go off my fans...I would like to have my temp gauge working as well....I know its not much once i have everything in my hand...im sure will alittle more counseling i will get it....or youtube....lol...thanks brah

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Nice good looking out brah...i will be getting parts slowly myself...monies tight over here as well...I most likey will be getting fans and relay on ebay as a set so that i know the amps will work perfect with the fans and is going to coming with everything I need to hook it up...But the one i see on ebay comes with a temp sensor that goes into the engine block? I have my temp gauge temp sensor in there know...do i need to exempt that and just go off my fans...I would like to have my temp gauge working as well....I know its not much once i have everything in my hand...im sure will alittle more counseling i will get it....or youtube....lol...thanks brah
you can pick up the fans, a good set at the yard, for 60 and the relay kit from 35 to 100 that will work fine... i priced something similar on internet and it was over 280. i have 95 in my set up and the replacement motors for these fans are 20. so i thought about that too (although i will be pulling this out and going with the intrepid fans, eventually). if i wouldnt have tried to make that run (which i missed... :x ), i would have prepped and painted the fans and tried to make them look similar to Warrens wells...

I have dakota digital guages in the car, one side of the intake has the sensor for that
IMG198.jpg

the other side, i put the sensors for the fan switch, all you need is the approp adaptor, or you can mount the switch on the side of the head, if you know what size the fitting is, nothing to worry about at all...
IMG199.jpg

LSCustoms said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
you can pick up the fans, a good set at the yard, for 60 and the relay kit from 35 to 100 that will work fine... i priced something similar on internet and it was over 280. i have 95 in my set up and the replacement motors for these fans are 20. so i thought about that too (although i will be pulling this out and going with the intrepid fans, eventually). if i wouldnt have tried to make that run (which i missed... :x ), i would have prepped and painted the fans and tried to make them look similar to Warrens wells...

I have dakota digital guages in the car, one side of the intake has the sensor for that
IMG198.jpg

the other side, i put the sensors for the fan switch, all you need is the approp adaptor, or you can mount the switch on the side of the head, if you know what size the fitting is, nothing to worry about at all...
IMG199.jpg

Awwwwww thats going to be easy then....There is a set i want to get on ebay it runs about $90.00 with 12" dual fans and all relay connections with sensor too...I believe there is an area where i can take a plug out from the top of the intake and put the sensor for the fan i can plug in there ( with the right fitting ) i think its 5/8 thread.....now its coming to me.....I think it should be pretty easy to do...Im going to go with a Black Rad Top Plate..I want to keep that area all black, no chrome...knowing me i might get that area all scratched up...got one on the way...thanks for all your good info Skip... :wink:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Awwwwww thats going to be easy then....There is a set i want to get on ebay it runs about $90.00 with 12" dual fans and all relay connections with sensor too...I believe there is an area where i can take a plug out from the top of the intake and put the sensor for the fan i can plug in there ( with the right fitting ) i think its 5/8 thread.....now its coming to me.....I think it should be pretty easy to do...Im going to go with a Black Rad Top Plate..I want to keep that area all black, no chrome...knowing me i might get that area all scratched up...got one on the way...thanks for all your good info Skip... :wink:
yeh i got this one from Warren... and he had it polished, just looks chromed... or else I would have gotten black too, but having little pieces like that inspire me to clean up and keep the bay and components maintenance up properly. cool, glad to have helped ease your mind on this...

LSCustoms said:
got another part in, i like metal...
IMG201.jpg

IMG203.jpg
hey looks like ur doin rear metal tucked bumper i been tellin mel and warren i want to do one on my malibu.. were u get it from?

LOL..I was wondering what that was...thats going to loook sick!

nice

kuruption109 said:
hey looks like ur doin rear metal tucked bumper i been tellin mel and warren i want to do one on my malibu.. were u get it from?
Only place I could find that make them is krantkustoms... the other places tht sell them get them from there and it ships directly from krant out of ca... took a couple of weeks to get it though, i think they make to order... and they forgot to ship my lights, ill deall with that tomorrow

Man thats gonna look HOT!!! on the back of the El.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor