1984 ElCO Rear disc brake upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
amanzo00 said:
Let me know what you guys have used to fit on 86 Monte 15" aluminum rims for rear rotors, backing plates, calipers and if there is any stainless ebrake cable kit or how they were connected.
rear setup off a 98-up blazer? ill have to research that a little, but you can start by researching to see whether they would work...

amanzo00

n00b
Sep 1, 2011
LSCustoms said:
amanzo00 said:
Let me know what you guys have used to fit on 86 Monte 15" aluminum rims for rear rotors, backing plates, calipers and if there is any stainless ebrake cable kit or how they were connected.
rear setup off a 98-up blazer? ill have to research that a little, but you can start by researching to see whether they would work...

But what about the f-body camaro brakes that has been discussed here? Can I go with that setup?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have the f body calliper brackets and rotors and 1980 Seville rear callipers set up to go onto my 67 chevelle rear. I had to shim the calliper brackets 1/8" to centre the pads on the rotor

CruizinKev

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2007
OVERSEAS/GERMANY
I really like that rear disc upgrade! but what I don't like is that shock relocation bracket. there's not a better bracket or something? maybe something bigger or so? cars here in germany will be inspected hard and I think it won't pass with these brackets.

LSCustoms said:
IMG_20110910_135924.jpg

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
CruizinKev said:
I really like that rear disc upgrade! but what I don't like is that shock relocation bracket. there's not a better bracket or something? maybe something bigger or so? cars here in germany will be inspected hard and I think it won't pass with these brackets.

LSCustoms said:

On my car I mounted the calipers forward facing so there is no interference with the shocks.
17-07-10_0807.jpg

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
CruizinKev said:

LSCustoms said:
yes, there r I was trying to show the setup with doing the least amount of work. prob is, the brackets i see most selling look like these...

i will see if kore3 has them or anyone else

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
I'm in the process of buying of buying the Blazer dual piston/spindle front brake set-up as well as the LS1 rear brake set-up (LSCustoms...."Skip", has been a great guy to deal with! This man even sent me a video of the parts he has gotten so far!) So, I have some questions to the people who have done the LS1 rear brake swap. Would the people who have the stock LS1 E-brake working on their g-bodies please post how they did it (pictures would be appreciated). Were the E-brakes easier to get working with the calipers mounted behind or infront of the rear axle? How many people use the Blazer rear bump stop in place of the g-body bump stop to limit the axle's up travel (to help limit frame/caliper interference ?)
I know I'll answer some of these questions when I do my mock-up build, just thought I'd ask people what they ran into during their swaps.

Doug

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
oldtinsmith said:
I'm in the process of buying of buying the Blazer dual piston/spindle front brake set-up as well as the LS1 rear brake set-up (LSCustoms...."Skip", has been a great guy to deal with! This man even sent me a video of the parts he has gotten so far!) So, I have some questions to the people who have done the LS1 rear brake swap. Would the people who have the stock LS1 E-brake working on their g-bodies please post how they did it (pictures would be appreciated). Were the E-brakes easier to get working with the calipers mounted behind or infront of the rear axle? How many people use the Blazer rear bump stop in place of the g-body bump stop to limit the axle's up travel (to help limit frame/caliper interference ?)
I know I'll answer some of these questions when I do my mock-up build, just thought I'd ask people what they ran into during their swaps.

Doug
thanks for the shout out, most people havent hooked up the ebrake (other than the link i have on the first page), however i will do another video for you and show you how I would, im running the ford now, but the concept is the same, cause the way the ebrake actuator on the vette works the same as the ls1...

you can get a universal cable also, with the correct ends on it and then tie it into the stock ebrake cable, but Ill post a video it seems simple to do, I dont know why people dont do it

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Skip, I'll accept your offer and appreciate it! I like asking questions in advance, so I can make notes to use during my mock-up. Thanks again buddy!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor