1984 monte carlo ss build

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It doesn't look TOO bad at a glance, but there's the body damage at the right front corner, looks like some rust issues, mainly at the rear. I don't see any of the original stripes & graphics, so has the car been repainted? I would be checking underneath for rust, especially in the usual areas at the rear. Definitely needs a headliner. Good thing that you can get headliners as a reproduction item now. Other than that, the interior looks OK. Does it run OK? Does it still have the original 305HO, or the the powertrain been altered? Good luck with the car.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
yeah its a little body damage and a little surface rust on the body nothing major. the frame rails and floor pans are solid. motor and drive train is all factory so is the rear end. as far as the ss body stripes on the 84s im not sure if this car had them or not.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
L.A.X-RATED said:
i have a set of grey(factory) and a set of blacked out ones(with edges tapped off) 250.00 either set shipped.pm me if interested. i also have a complete "mist blue" interior for an 84 if interested.
pm sent x

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
clean8485 said:
It doesn't look TOO bad at a glance, but there's the body damage at the right front corner, looks like some rust issues, mainly at the rear. I don't see any of the original stripes & graphics, so has the car been repainted? I would be checking underneath for rust, especially in the usual areas at the rear. Definitely needs a headliner. Good thing that you can get headliners as a reproduction item now. Other than that, the interior looks OK. Does it run OK? Does it still have the original 305HO, or the the powertrain been altered? Good luck with the car.
oh yeah the motor is fine needs some carb work nothing a new edelbrock wont fix.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
In 84 was the decals on the SS universal because I think they only color they painted on the car was white and blue let me know

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
two90west said:
In 84 was the decals on the SS universal because I think they only color they painted on the car was white and blue let me know
83 and 84 they were either white or blue, same with the interior.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
-83MONTESS- said:
two90west said:
83 and 84 they were either white or blue, same with the interior.
We're the decals the same color

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
ok so i just went threw the car tune up oil change etc, checked all the rpo codes and im happy to say i found a rpo code g80. this car is the one i have been looking for since 2000 all original no mods. this car is fast from the take off and it cooks the tires. now all i have to do is put the body back together.the guy who is painting my regal is gonna do the body work and paint it. up dates will be up in a couple of days. all i can say is rpo g80 :D :D :D :D.

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
two90west said:
ok so i just went threw the car tune up oil change etc, checked all the rpo codes and im happy to say i found a rpo code g80. this car is the one i have been looking for since 2000 all original no mods. this car is fast from the take off and it cooks the tires. now all i have to do is put the body back together.the guy who is painting my regal is gonna do the body work and paint it. up dates will be up in a couple of days. all i can say is rpo g80 :D :D :D :D.
how many 84 ss came with the rpo g80 code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor