Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
thrasher said:
Nice car!
It has a menacing look that I like.

But honestly I see no sleeper in your sleeper.
Maybe if it had an exhaust that couldn't be heard at an idle.
Alot of people around here still think it's a SBC...which in all reality it still is just the Gen IV version..

I just tell them it's a hot 355.... :mrgreen:

thrasher

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
True
Some of the whack a doo's I've seen would probably believe you if you said it's a 2JZ engine.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Progress has been slow, I've been busy. I've got the Lifters in and the Valley Cover on, have to do some work to the Heads to clear them 1/2" Head Studs. The Studs measured a .495" diameter. Holes in the Heads were roughly .475". I'm going to get them on a Milling Machine with the Head Gasket as a Templete and drill out the holes with a .525" Bit. The Gaskets measured with about .001"-.002" of clearance on each hole, so it will be the perfect templete.

This is what I did today, ARP Studs installed to check clearances and fitment..

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well I was able to use a Milling Machine with a Boring Bit and punch the holes out to .515". I used the Head Gasket as a template and got all holes centered within .0005".

I got back to the shop and put them on the Engine..just need a 12pt deep well 9/16" Socket to torque down the Fasteners on the ARP Studs.

I mocked it all up to check clearances and fitment.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I agree :mrgreen: keeps me thinking "paint or motor"?? for my build.. Good job!

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Thanks guys..just hoping it gets up and down the road without slinging a Rod... :mrgreen:

Yea it's a 432ci, 7.1l. Few friends of mine that I've explained that too are like that's not even fair..lol

thrasher

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
Built6spdMCSS said:
Yea it's a 432ci, 7.1l. Few friends of mine that I've explained that too are like that's not even fair..lol

And you know what, they're right :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor