1984 Monte Carlo SS nasty street sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I've been all over LS1Tech so some might recognize the car..

It had a 408ci LS Engine with a EFI Vic Jr, Built T56, 9' with 4.33 Gear in it.

Well I pulled the 408 out and tore it down when I got ahold of this..

That is the GMPP LSX Block. It's currently getting built into 434ci, and I'm going to be running the same Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, and EFI Vic Jr. Intake on it. It'll be about 12.4:1 Compression when finished, ARP Studded top and bottom.

I was going to freshen up the T56, but this fell into my hands for a cheap price..

That 4L80E is getting setup for 2wd and being built, going with a 4500 Stall Convertor and changing the Gears in the back to 3.89's.

This is the Engine Wiring Harness already built and setup for the 4L80E..

I'll be doing the Tuning with my HP Tuners.

Here is a good shot of the car the last time it came from the Track..

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Thanks it should roll out. No vids it's still in the process of getting built.

mhsmonte said:
What size are your front rims and tires and did you do anything special to the suspension?

Front is 15x4 with a 165/85/15. Suspension is Lakewood 90/10's in front, Moroso Drag Springs with Comp Adjustable Drag Shocks in the back, Custom 9" Rear.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
That has to be the most awake sleeper I've ever seen. Someone would have to be crazy to think this car is a pushover. Good luck with the new engine. :wink:

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
Sweet looking Monte Carlo and I love the LS engine in there. But I wouldn't hardly call it a sleeper....LOL. There are plenty of G bodies around the Southeast that look like that, that are capable of 8 second quarter mile times. Just google Gbody shootout sometime.
Good luck with the new build and keep us posted. I sure wish I knew enough about those LS engines to piece together a nice one for my Cutlass.
What kind of times did it run with the old engine?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well unfortunately in this area there is alot of ignorance..a majority of the car scene sees this car and it's just 80's junk. It saddens me how ignorant and dumb people are. :roll:

These Engines are simple and can be found for cheap...the 5.3's are going for $500-$600 and that pretty much is the new 350..can put it in anything and it works. If you are the hands-on type I would get one if you can spare the cash and have something to tinker with to learn it.

The old setup was 408ci at 10.8:1 Compression, on a baseline tune it went 11.40's in the 1/4. If I could've got more passes in that nite I'm sure it would've crept into the 11.1's with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor