1985 Grand Prix concept car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
idk looks an awful lot like an 80's porsche spoiler to me.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I'm the biggest skeptic on earth so here's what I think. If this guy expects to get anywhere near what he's asking he had better sh*t some paper-work to back it up. No title? No proof of history? That could be a modified GP with a 2+2 front end for all we know. And where's the original wheels if this car is so rare? They sure weren't making ZQ8 wheels in '85. I don't even think GM would've used that color combo at the time. They would've been more likely to go gray or maroon with the interior. The inside of the trunk is white too, which explains the saddle interior. Too many unanswered questions and I don't buy it.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Yes something about that is sketchy and either way $18k is too much IMO.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Heh, ZQ8's weren't made until at least 02'. Especially ones that are 9" wide because they are all 16x8's... I'd pass if I were considering on buying that car. But it is really nice, maybe like 6 grand nice.

AlanB

Greasemonkey
Jul 13, 2010
Trenton NJ area

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's a very nice car, but for that kind of cheese I'd want some significant documentation. Who wants to buy a cat in a bag? The ZQ8 wheels are a nice touch, but it was obviously a later add-on.
And again, it's a lot of money for a trailer queen.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
If this cars a true 2+2 with tan interior and white paint in the trunk than my 71 monte carlo is a factory liteweight nascar racer :rofl:

Attachments

• PICT0640.JPG
    PICT0640.JPG
    530.7 KB · Views: 2,366

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
That car was definatly white at one point, so it really is hard to say if it is even a collector car or someones handywork to make a lot of cash. Personally i think its a fake as others have said where are there original wheels? Why all the white paint and off color interior? Plus there gm modifications seem personaly done to me

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The description mentioned on this page matches this car:
http://www.pontiacserver.com/gph3_9.html

It is reported that a couple of "brass hat" cars were maroon, although the only one the author has seen was a prototype with a wild rear deck spoiler replacing the bubble roof.
The spoiler is the same style as T/A spoilers of the same vintage:
1986-pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg

!CF(i)VwBmk~$(KGrHqUOKp!E0Uc5hywYBNU1RdYzpQ~~_12.JPG

...but as mentioned, I'd want to see some paper work before shelling out any cash for such a car. I personally think the burgandy with beige interior looks great and honestly do believe it is what he says it is, but again... with a car like this, it's all about the paperwork, otherwise it's just a trailer queen GP you couldn't drive if you wanted. I'd like to see the VIN/serial number stamping as well - I don't know much about factory prototypes, but if that matches what typically happens with such cars, you're one step closer to authenticity.

The white paint in the trunk doesn't surprise me if GM was just trying out something different (keep in mind if the entire trunk is body coloured, it never got splatter painted, which means it could have been yanked from the line), but the original wheels should have tagged along with the car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor