1987 Cutlass Build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Excellent, the pictures of the install on A bodies with the 350 looked pretty close to the ground. I currently have Sanderson shorties but those and the current exhaust can be saved for a 4x4 Olds truck, when I find it. Everyone has spoken highly of these headers. I think, it is time to buy a set. Very cool they fit G bodies.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Excellent, the pictures of the install on A bodies with the 350 looked pretty close to the ground. I currently have Sanderson shorties but those and the current exhaust can be saved for a 4x4 Olds truck, when I find it. Everyone has spoken highly of these headers. I think, it is time to buy a set. Very cool they fit G bodies.
As a small update on the headers. For the driver side I did have to heat and massage the most rear tube that goes back toward the firewall for clearance. Other than that beautiful fit. At full droop they still have clearance around the lower A arms.
20220331_185811.jpg
20220331_185805.jpg
20220331_163121.jpg
20220331_163032.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Those do tuck in really nice. They would sit about level with a deep 2004R pan. I ordered my set. I am painting the flanges with VHT high temp as they are just mild steel. I am going to wax the rest.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Those do tuck in really nice. They would sit about level with a deep 2004R pan. I ordered my set. I am painting the flanges with VHT high temp as they are just mild steel. I am going to wax the rest.
Wax? Never heard such things, how does that work? I didn't think to paint the flanges

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Wax? Never heard such things, how does that work? I didn't think to paint the flanges
The flanges I only knew about from the threads on those headers. I may be thinking of ceramic headers, pretty sure Sanderson mentioned waxing them first. Either way, it shouldn't hurt anything.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The flanges I only knew about from the threads on those headers. I may be thinking of ceramic headers, pretty sure Sanderson mentioned waxing them first. Either way, it shouldn't hurt anything.
Maybe, maybe-not. Certain substances on coatings or stainless can get cooked into the surface when heat gets introduced. I know when I fired off my dually there was a section that had finger prints get cooked into the tubing on the initial heat cycle. I had to bust out the ScotchBrite & some metal cleaner to remove them. I wipe the pipes down now one last time after I work anywhere near the exhaust JIC.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Maybe, maybe-not. Certain substances on coatings or stainless can get cooked into the surface when heat gets introduced. I know when I fired off my dually there was a section that had finger prints get cooked into the tubing on the initial heat cycle. I had to bust out the ScotchBrite & some metal cleaner to remove them. I wipe the pipes down now one last time after I work anywhere near the exhaust JIC.
You may be right, I was thinking Turtle Wax Ice or Ceramic. Something like this is probably much better and designed for high temps.
AUTOSOL BLUING REMOVER (BOTTLE 125 ML) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004MXN6U2/?tag=rippca-20

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I like the idea of corrision protection that product leaves behind. These headers go more brownish than blue, from the pictures I have seen. Either way it beat spending $1000 more for ARH and maybe a handful more HP and TQ.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor