1987 Cutlass Build

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
The trim im undecided. I could take it all off and have it powder coated black like the bumpers but ive also thought about taking it off and polishing it for some contrast around the windows. As far as the body goes im in agreement with you guys I think it would look really good all black, and maybe even have a little more "modern" look to it. Plan on Gbodyparts 2 inch cowl hood too

Reactions: 1 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Its been a labor of love that's for sure. After me and my son get the frame completely stripped down it will probably go into storage for a while longer as I am working on having a new house put on my property. Life always gets in the way ya know

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
So I built this body cart to roll the body around as I get ready to move, should be able to have by buddy winch this assembly up on his trailer
car dolly 2.jpg
car dolly.jpg

• Creative
Reactions: 4 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Well I got the cutlass body to my new house, took some doing but after reinforcing the body cart a little and carefully strapping it down to the roll back its to its new home. Gotta say it was uncomfortable to see it swaying on the truck but at least that's over now

Attachments

• cutlass 1.jpg
    cutlass 1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 315
  • cutlass 2.jpg
    cutlass 2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 320

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
nice!

how well did those wheels do on dirt and gravel? after I get the GP done enough to be driveable again, the Regal will be comng apart for frame boxing and color, *ss well as the underbody for cleaning/paint/bodybushings, etc...., and only have one space to put either the frame or the body, ad will be making a cart similar to yours but maybe in metal tubing...

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
You know on the pneumatic wheels it rolled way better then I expected. I built it pretty strong and it didn't seem to flex or move around. Was a breeze to get out of my garage down the hill and up ready for the roll back. I thought about doing metal tubing, but for the price I found the 4x4 posts work great and easy to work with

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
forgot I had asked the question! good to hear, as the body will be moved around via lawn tractor when it's not inside the shop...
I would normally do the 4x4 construction, but we had thieves break open our fence gate twice at the shop to get to the motorcycle dealer behind us, so Ive got plenty of metal tubing to work with! :D

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
okay guys once again reviving this slowly ongoing build thread. When i last updated i had pulled the frame out and had built a cart for the body so i could move. Since the move the body has been sitting on that cart under a tarp and the frame has been in the shed. Well no more! I sold the Trans Am to pay bills and am taking out a tiny portion (seriously tiny like $300 bucks) to get this build alive again. So i got the frame in the garage and have been wire wheeling it and coating with POR 15, the rear axle cleaned up really well. I pulled out all the bushings on the rear control arms to send out to a buddy of mine to box them. Keep in mind that this car is getting a 6.5 turbo diesel which there is more to come on that. My wifes car came factory with the olds diesel and she decided to keep the original engine for her car so i took over the 6.5 for this one.
frame 1.jpg
frame 2.jpg
frame 3.jpg
frame 4.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor