1987 Cutlass Supreme Brougham Interior Color Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
Does anybody have the color names/codes that were offered on '87 Cutlass Supremes for the interior trim? I'm trying to help a buddy (by remote control - he lives 2 hours from me) who is looking to get interior paint for his car, which was painted from the factory in Light Chestnut and came with a tannish/gold interior. He claims the interior trim code is 11A but I have my suspicions that isn't correct. My 1986 Parts Book only has codes up through the 1986 model year and doesn't cover his car, so I'm in need of some help so I can order the correct interior paint for his car to paint the dash I sold him, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The tan color is called "light saddle" per the 1987 Olds Color Chip and Fabric chart. That color was available in cloth in every Olds model in 1987 except the Firenza GT hatchback. Cutlass Cruiser and Custom Cruiser you could get it in vinyl. Calais Brougham and Cutlass Cruiser Brougham you could get light saddle optional leather.

Regular supremes have the Bronte Velour pattern for cloth. Broughams used Summit Knit Velour pattern for those pillowy soft butt pads we all know and love. :)

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Interior code is 62.

11 would be white....

Here's a page out of the Sherwin Williams automotive paint book. Scroll to the bottom.

87 GM Sherwin Interior Paint Codes.jpg

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
69hurstolds and mikester,

Thank you both for your lightning fast replies. I know this car has a "brown" steering wheel, so that plays into the dark saddle dash and wheel. Now I'll work on getting the paint(s) desired. I'll have the owner confirm your findings with the codes on the tag on the inside of the trunk lid.

Bob

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
69hurstolds and mikester,

Thank you both for your lightning fast replies. I know this car has a "brown" steering wheel, so that plays into the dark saddle dash and wheel. Now I'll work on getting the paint(s) desired. I'll have the owner confirm your findings with the codes on the tag on the inside of the trunk lid.

Bob

If you have anything thats the color you need SEM offers a free color matching service. The womans name that does the matching is Ann Zolle. Ive had a few things matched by her and she does an amazing job. You just need to send her a part big enough to match. Last time I sent her a glove box door and a piece of gray vinyl and she got both colors 1000%.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Bob, is the color code in the trunk or on the cowl tag ? Im not sure when GM switched over or if they even did that. My 81 and 83 have the cowl tags.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
87's should have a cowl tag but it will likely just show "62" on there. It's also it's on the SPID in the trunk in various iterations, like 62x. Could be a 62C, etc.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Bob, is the color code in the trunk or on the cowl tag ? Im not sure when GM switched over or if they even did that. My 81 and 83 have the cowl tags.
My 87 Supreme has a cowl tag. I'll snap a pic shortly since mine was dark saddle dash and light saddle seats/door panels.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor