1987 Cutlass Supreme :Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
I'm considering that 3.8 but its a 84 non intercooled 3.8 so I dont know if its worth it

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
If you want modern fuel economy for cheap and stay w/ the v6 theme of your base model you should consider using a newer 3.8sc I saw one on youtube and it was very cool . Although originally intended for fwd models there are a few converted for use with rwd on youtube, and I believe it will work with 3sp trans too? Anyway, the exhaust note is not exactly the same, but very similar to what you are going for so you ought to check it out. It could be a route to build the car that makes the statement you want, but for less $

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Okay here is the new plan and the most logical choice. I'm going with a fully rebuilt chevy 350 and a 4 speed trans. I'm paying around 4000-5000 from my well trusted mechanic. hes going to get the whole block machined. The transmission will get a rebuilt and a shiftkit aswell from a very good local trans builder.

Next year I'll replace the Peg Leg but I consider this a good start for now. I'm also going to consider the extra money and mabey get it machined to a 383. I'm going to have a chat with my guy and see just what the specs of the engine and trans are for this crazy deal.

This should be a good Summer :mrgreen:

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you make a 383 by just giving a 350 a 400 small block crankshaft?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
That's the simple way to describe it. There's more to it than that though.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Plan sounds much better / affordable now. Don't be quick to take the first price - always barter a little! $4 - 5k is around what most people in my area are spending to build 383's so you are on the right track!

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
pencero said:
Plan sounds much better / affordable now. Don't be quick to take the first price - always barter a little! $4 - 5k is around what most people in my area are spending to build 383's so you are on the right track!

Yeh I gave it alot of thought and the whole turbo buick setup will just kill me.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
joesregalproject said:
Now I'm gonna be the only non- turbo V6 guy around.
(Cue: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-o9gf_so ... o9gf_soFBM)

You'll get there....... :mrgreen:

Hell it's taken me almost 6 years to get where i'm at. I have only been able to drive her 2 summers.... :wtf:

This summer is also definitely out also cause I have a crap load of stuff to buy yet for my cookie cutter swap....

<Mike>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor