1987 Cutlass Supreme :Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First Car Just got it Today !

YGSpider, I'm sorry, but I'm not on Facebook, and I don't have a Cutlass. I have a Monte, and it should be ready for the summer season in a week or two. Hope to see you at a local event.

Re: First Car Just got it Today !

Welcome here to GBF!!! That's one of the cleanest 'Cutty's I've seen in a while. Hard to believe she spent her life up there...Living in Western New York I've seen more rotted out G-Body cars then good ones that's for sure...If you don't mind me asking, how much you score it for? 8)

Re: One Clean 1987 Cutlass

hey just some updates on what i have been doing. I took some advice from a few guys and i decided to redo my IROC rims. I took some Aircraft surface remover and Stripped down all the Clear coat off the Rims then Taped them up and painted them. Now this sounds simple but it took me like 7 hours to get all that Freaking clear coat off just for 1 Rim :blam:
Tommrow ill post pictures of before and after. and next weekend i hope to replace the rear springs another Fun job i bet :lol:

YGspider said:
After another day of hard work i got my second Rim done i took my time and did them the best i could.
Here is a shot of the before and after on the Rims. tell me what you think

Well done just need to see them on the car now......what paint you use?

DeltaDevil88 said:
YGspider said:
After another day of hard work i got my second Rim done i took my time and did them the best i could.
Here is a shot of the before and after on the Rims. tell me what you think

Well done just need to see them on the car now......what paint you use?

Thanks buddy , and i used Tremclad Gloss Black and Tremclad Clear coat

but before i painted i had to do alot of step here is basicly where i got the idea from http://www.thirdgen.org/sergiowheels
one of the members on this site used this instructions b4 and it worked good so i used it and it worked out for me

looks good. did u all of them yet? post some pics with them on the cutlass. i bet it looks awesome

8TRAY said:
looks good. did u all of them yet? post some pics with them on the cutlass. i bet it looks awesome

Soon my friend progress has slowed down with work and what not but i have the last rim taped up and tommrow will be painted. cant wait to get this done and just get the suckers on the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor