BUILD THREAD 1987 Monte Carlo from Iceland

• Thread starter Sævar Örn Eiríksson
  • Start date
pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
Always a good idea to hold on to the OD cover plate. You might go OD in the future, could help a fellow European memeber out if they need it or blackit out & cover the speedo's shift pattern to go with a proper manual.

Turbo Zach

Turbo Zach

Royal Smart Person
Sep 8, 2015
As for a tach. The printed circuits are different from standard gauges to gauges with a tach. What I did was, I bought a new replacement tach from Mike's Montes I think. The back of the tach has threaded studs. I found nuts to fit and ran a wire from the gauge to the distributor. Piece of cake. Keep up the good work!

ssn696

ssn696

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
New Mexico
My wagon has a 2004R grafted in to replace the TH200. What's postage from Iceland cost?

Turbo Zach

Turbo Zach

Royal Smart Person
Sep 8, 2015
That sure is a funny way to store your pop-up camper. Are you planning on daily driving this car? It is coming together fast. Good work!

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Apprentice
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
That sure is a funny way to store your pop-up camper. Are you planning on daily driving this car? It is coming together fast. Good work!

you re right, i store it up against the wall from late september until june!

the chevy will definately not be a daily driver.. i have 4 cars right now hehe

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Apprentice
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
the little things...

the new carpet is coming, the rest needs a good cleaning !

most of this wiring can be cut off, ive got a carb and HEI dostributor

new heater hoses the ones that were there before were garden hoses :)

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Apprentice
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
nothing to see here... just more wiring all new heavy cables and new fuses in place of the fusible links, new alternator wiring and distributor wiring.. a summitracing MSD capacitive waste spark discharge system

ohh and a starting video with a squeezy bottle... still waiting on a sending unit