BUILD THREAD 1987 Monte Carlo from Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Always a good idea to hold on to the OD cover plate. You might go OD in the future, could help a fellow European memeber out if they need it or blackit out & cover the speedo's shift pattern to go with a proper manual.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
As for a tach. The printed circuits are different from standard gauges to gauges with a tach. What I did was, I bought a new replacement tach from Mike's Montes I think. The back of the tach has threaded studs. I found nuts to fit and ran a wire from the gauge to the distributor. Piece of cake. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: 2 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
Getting there...!

20190214_172323.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
That sure is a funny way to store your pop-up camper. Are you planning on daily driving this car? It is coming together fast. Good work!

Reactions: 1 user

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
That sure is a funny way to store your pop-up camper. Are you planning on daily driving this car? It is coming together fast. Good work!
received_402140483883656.jpeg

you re right, i store it up against the wall from late september until june!

the chevy will definately not be a daily driver.. i have 4 cars right now hehe

Reactions: 1 user

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
nothing to see here... just more wiring all new heavy cables and new fuses in place of the fusible links, new alternator wiring and distributor wiring.. a summitracing MSD capacitive waste spark discharge system

ohh and a starting video with a squeezy bottle... still waiting on a sending unit

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor