BUILD THREAD 1987 Monte Carlo from Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
20190228_163325.jpg 20190228_163320.jpg

So the last shipment came in, the last one for a while I imagine, and hope.. hehe

Brown mass back floor carpet, pre bent and flared brake lines from The Right Stuff/Getdiscbrakes.com and rubber brake lines aswell, the smaller things are parking brake cables and brake shoes and pads, torq converter cover, timing light, vaacum and pressure gauge, timing needle, belts, plugs, wires, thermostat and a hundred small things... should get this car to feel a little more finished soon!

Stay tuned!

Reactions: 3 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
Haven't really been too active, I've been working on my 4x4 a lot and traveling, recently.

today I put in the interior finally, fits good and looks right, got some wrinkles i need to work out though but it will look great after that...

put the fuel tank in and behold, it holds fuel, its a bit rusty inside but I hope it won't cause issues with clogging the strainer or filter..., will have to see about that...

57081006_10158502796792907_8816773805134315520_o[1].jpg
57852690_10158503890037907_4777456075127390208_o[1].jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Sævar Örn Eiríksson

Greasemonkey
May 5, 2018
ICELAND
Did I miss something here? Did you paint that car?

nah you missed nothing, I've buffed the paint a little, it looks alright on the photos I assume, but it's nothing to admire. If I like how it turns out this summer and I manage to save some money I'll paint it next winter... I'd do a little better work and keep it black, I like how the black tones with the light brown interior, I'd kill for sweet polished alloy rims or simply chrome, and buff up the chrome on the car, should look stunning.

I won't do any more painting except the undercoating and maybe some touch ups from where seams are visible like where the quarters meet the rocker panels etc... But it being black helps a lot, doesn't show very much :)

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
nah you missed nothing, I've buffed the paint a little, it looks alright on the photos I assume, but it's nothing to admire. If I like how it turns out this summer and I manage to save some money I'll paint it next winter... I'd do a little better work and keep it black, I like how the black tones with the light brown interior, I'd kill for sweet polished alloy rims or simply chrome, and buff up the chrome on the car, should look stunning.

I won't do any more painting except the undercoating and maybe some touch ups from where seams are visible like where the quarters meet the rocker panels etc... But it being black helps a lot, doesn't show very much :)
Well it looks great in the pictures. I'm shore you'll run across some rims you like for it there's certainly enough of them out there that fit these cars it's just a matter of taste and budget. Keep up the good work and keep us posted

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor