BUILD THREAD 1987 Olds 442 Project Build

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Swapping over to a new laptop, finally. The old one is about done for. While scrounging through all the old picture files, I found a lot of neat H/O pics I had. Then came upon some of the "wheel" pics.

Figured this would be a good place to put these. Luke K. and I were bantering back and forth about buying a set of these when they were first tooled up. Luke put them on his since sold 83 H/O (he now has a 68 H/O) and they sure looked pretty. Came oh so close on springing the cash for them, but ended up not buying them, but hey, they do look cool.

Apologies for mucking up the thread. but we're not perfect. :)

side_both_test.jpg

polished1.jpg

polished2.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01828.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Apologies for mucking up the thread. but we're not perfect. :)

Don't apologize. I love a little wheel p*rn.

If you look close you can see the rear wheel is photoshoped in. There was only 1 assembled wheel so some smoking mirrors had to be done to get the shot.

Hutch

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Don't apologize. I love a little wheel p*rn.

If you look close you can see the rear wheel is photoshoped in. There was only 1 assembled wheel so some smoking mirrors had to be done to get the shot.

Hutch
IIRC, Luke said he took two shots of the car with the wheel on the front and once on the back, and melded them together. The wheel was actually mounted the correct locations, just the car was cut in half and fused together. Something to that effect. It's been a while. I think at the time he was looking for around 3-4K for the set. I don't recall specifically. I was tempted, but damn that was a lot of pocket change at the time. Hell, still is! :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I've been spending the last few weeks (off and on) stripping down the firewall to paint it. One thing led to another and I took the dash, column, booster and A/C Box out.

I took a lot of video, but didn't do so great on pics. Here's what I got.

Assembled my parts (NEW: Booster, Heater Core, Evap, Blower, Seal Kit + Gaskets and such)
IMG_4473.JPG

Took a good look at how rough the firewall looked.
IMG_4469.JPG

IMG_4470.JPG

IMG_4471.JPG

Cont...

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Next, the A/C Box
IMG_4494.JPG

Naked Firewall
IMG_4499.JPG

My attention will be focused on the bottom of the Booster mounting holes and up, since this will be the most visible.

Hutch

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Doing it right Hutch, that’s what I like to see! Tuned in as usual...!!

Reactions: 6 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Hutch, I kinda half assed my firewall when I built the big block and have regretted it since. Now that I have to separate the body over the bushings and frame “box and coat” I now have an opportunity to “do it twice Garth” right the 2nd time. Just sharing as I (back then) had a show quality car, new beautiful big block and . . . a kinda sorta OK looking firewall. Just food for thought. Your car is going to be absolutely gorgeous when done. Already is . . .

But, at least YOU are making progress! (y)

Reactions: 2 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Hutch, I kinda half assed my firewall when I built the big block and have regretted it since. Now that I have to separate the body over the bushings and frame “box and coat” I now have an opportunity to “do it twice Garth” right the 2nd time. Just sharing as I (back then) had a show quality car, new beautiful big block and . . . a kinda sorta OK looking firewall. Just food for thought. Your car is going to be absolutely gorgeous when done. Already is . . .

But, at least YOU are making progress! (y)

Thanks Garth. Some days I feel like it will never be done.

My luck, as soon as I finish it, my kids will sit me down and tell me I shouldn't be driving any more. 😞

Hutch

**Coming soon** A pic heavy disassemble of the A/C Box down to 6 pieces for clean up and reassemble.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor