BUILD THREAD 1987 Olds 442 Project Build

oldsofb

oldsofb

G-Body Guru
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Hold up. You work on your project BEFORE you go into your job?!?!? What is this madness?!?!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: A little. Working evenings makes it difficult during the week to get major stuff done, but I do tackle some things.

All these pics are from the weekends when I have more time.

Hutch

fleming442

fleming442

Geezer
Dec 26, 2013
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: A little. Working evenings makes it difficult during the week to get major stuff done, but I do tackle some things.

All these pics are from the weekends when I have more time.

Hutch
Sorry, it was a dig at a certain member that's driving the cost of popcorn skyward.

oldsofb

oldsofb

G-Body Guru
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I vote that it remains in YOUR build thread. You should post it here as it pertains to YOUR car on HOW YOU DID IT. If you want to put a copy of it in the other threads, that's fine too, but I don't really want to chase your build all over the forums. Cuz I'm lazy. :)
I will always post every nut and bolt's worth of work here, I was just thinking that someone who doesn't give a hoot about some jackasses (that's me) build thread may be looking for this kind of info and never know it's buried in here on page 29.

Hutch

oldsofb

oldsofb

G-Body Guru
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I thought my work comp was going to melt down from that last post. I was clicking like a crazy person to close the page for a sec there. Thanks pagrunt!

Last edited:
oldsofb

oldsofb

G-Body Guru
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Heater/AC Box Disassemble: PART 3

With the Front Plate removed, move on to the Blower Case located inside the Evaporator and Blower Inlet Lower Case.

Remove the (3) 1/4 screws that hold the case in:

1 at the bottom of the case under where the Evap used to sit
IMG_4520.JPG

1 at the top back of the case (mine was hidden under a gob of butyl goo)
IMG_4521.JPG

1 on the back of the case just left of the Air Inlet Valve Door
IMG_4522.JPG

With those (3) screws out, remove the Blower Case
IMG_4523.JPG

My understanding is, at the factory they had butyl in a sort of calk gun, so they could just lather the area and squish the parts in. Looks like it.
IMG_4524.JPG

continued...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SSMonteCarloTaz G-Body Build Threads 7
Cambam916 G-Body Build Threads 5

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor