BUILD THREAD 1987 Olds 442 Project Build

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
What? No HVAC decal? :) It ain't done til the decals are on.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
What? No HVAC decal? :) It ain't done til the decals are on.

Haha! True. I ain't done till the sticker goes on. I'm waiting for the install back on the car just in case I need to repaint or something.

Did you seal the resistor when you put it on?

Nope. It bolts on very flat so I'm not worried about any leaking.

Hutch

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I just finished painting and clear coating the steering horn button in preparation for tearing the column apart to tighten those pesky Tilt Column Bolts. I used GBodyParts Interior Grey and SEM Low Luster Clear. Their grey comes out a little on the light shade side of our grey, but I like it.

What do you think?
IMG_4582.JPG

Hutch

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I did enjoy the p*rn* flick music while you were bolting the top back on. :)

As far as the heater core case seal, when you went to put the top back on I was like "dude! The heater core pipe seal!!!" Might have been better to put that in when you put the core in. But it'll probably be fine.

For the record, the original heater core pipe seal was that very spongy foam like on the heater door rod seal.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
did enjoy the p*rn* flick music while you were bolting the top back on. :)

Ha! I edited out the part where I smelt my fingers ;)

As far as the heater core case seal, when you went to put the top back on I was like "dude! The heater core pipe seal!!!" Might have been better to put that in when you put the core in. But it'll probably be fine.

It was. It's already installed. Once I trimmed the edges there were no problems. It was tight, but I slid it in nice and slow and it filled up the whole thing..................I hear that music in my head now.....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
About time! You slow azz mo_fo! hahaha Get r done already!

:)

:unsure: No, that would be me . . . :roll:

Granted I’ve had a half dozen fairly severe surprises on mine but I jokingly told Hutch he was going to “ground up” an entire car in the time it takes me to do what started to be just the suspension/brake swap and . . . the joke will likely be on me. I’ve actually gotten some stuff done lately but nothing worth tire smoke, picture p*rn, and paragraphs (yet!).

I still love the attention to detail here! (y)

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I still love the attention to detail here! (y)

Thank you. I try hard to do as good a job as my skill level will let me. Don't ask to see my welding yet though :poop::poop:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor