L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Fiance helped with the rear? Most of my lady friends in the past would assume I was being a perv if I asked them for help with my rear end lol

Lol. Yeah she loves helping and learning and gets mad when she can't lol. A rare gift I suppose. But she definitely still doesn't appreciate the money being spent on it lol

Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Lol. Yeah she loves helping and learning and gets mad when she can't lol. A rare gift I suppose. But she definitely still doesn't appreciate the money being spent on it lol

My woman likes helping and learning too. She's basically all the help I have when it comes to working on the car. She even helps me out financially with my projects sometimes. Lately though her enthusiasm for wrenching has diminished. When I asked her why she said, "I don't get a lot of benefit from the labor and money involved." Basically she's saying she wants to drive! Lol. She says I scare her when I drive fast and she makes me nervous when I ride with her going fast. Looks like I'm either gonna have to suck it up and learn how to ride with her and enjoy it so she can drive the Monte Carlo too or I'm gonna have to talk her into getting a project of her own and we'll help each other work on them.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
My woman likes helping and learning too. She's basically all the help I have when it comes to working on the car. She even helps me out financially with my projects sometimes. Lately though her enthusiasm for wrenching has diminished. When I asked her why she said, "I don't get a lot of benefit from the labor and money involved." Basically she's saying she wants to drive! Lol. She says I scare her when I drive fast and she makes me nervous when I ride with her going fast. Looks like I'm either gonna have to suck it up and learn how to ride with her and enjoy it so she can drive the Monte Carlo too or I'm gonna have to talk her into getting a project of her own and we'll help each other work on them.

Yeah I can see where she's coming from lol. I usually do my best work alone but when I need a hand it's usually my brother or my girl. And mine wants to drive it too lol. We both have a $50 bet, she said it won't pick the front end up off the ground, I said I'll make sure It does. So now I get to spend another 600 or 700 bucks just to ensure that I win a $50 bet lmao. So worth it lol

Reactions: 3 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Yeah I can see where she's coming from lol. I usually do my best work alone but when I need a hand it's usually my brother or my girl. And mine wants to drive it too lol. We both have a $50 bet, she said it won't pick the front end up off the ground, I said I'll make sure It does. So now I get to spend another 600 or 700 bucks just to ensure that I win a $50 bet lmao. So worth it lol

That's an awesome bet! Lol. I'm not looking at making anywhere near enough power to pull the front wheels and I wouldn't have the traction or a strong enough rear end to even start to handle it if I did. I'm probably gonna be around 350-400hp with the naturally aspirated Vortec. That's still a lot of power and a big change from the FWD car she's always driven.

If you'll let your woman drive your turbo car I guess I can let mine drive the Monte Carlo with the Vortec. We'll compare notes afterwards, see how things went. Lol

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
That's an awesome bet! Lol. I'm not looking at making anywhere near enough power to pull the front wheels and I wouldn't have the traction or a strong enough rear end to even start to handle it if I did. I'm probably gonna be around 350-400hp with the naturally aspirated Vortec. That's still a lot of power and a big change from the FWD car she's always driven.

If you'll let your woman drive your turbo car I guess I can let mine drive the Monte Carlo with the Vortec. We'll compare notes afterwards, see how things went. Lol

Lol yeah I'm planning on getting the anti roll setup for trz as well. As long as it makes close to the power I'm looking for, picking them up shouldn't be no trouble with this setup along with drag radials. That's another reason I went with the 9in, didn't want the 10 bolt grenading all over the track lol.

• Agree

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Haven't been on gbf in a while, life ya know, but have recently decided to do a LS swap in my Camino, nothing fancy, just a stock 5.3 so I've been researching and came across this thread about 2:30 this morning and just finished here at 2:15. Excuse my language but, HOLY sh*t! Nice work, and admire your dedication. This thing is going to be a beast! Can't wait for the finished product and to see a video of this thing tearing up the track. Keep up the good work and keep the pics/videos coming.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Haven't been on gbf in a while, life ya know, but have recently decided to do a LS swap in my Camino, nothing fancy, just a stock 5.3 so I've been researching and came across this thread about 2:30 this morning and just finished here at 2:15. Excuse my language but, HOLY sh*t! Nice work, and admire your dedication. This thing is going to be a beast! Can't wait for the finished product and to see a video of this thing tearing up the track. Keep up the good work and keep the pics/videos coming.

Your language is excused as far as I'm concerned lol. I'm really excited to get it going. Been building and spending on it for a while now. Yours will come together with time. I appreciate everybodys interest in what I'm doing, gives me a little motivation lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor