1987 Olds 5.3L LS turbo swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottw

Apprentice
May 26, 2009
north dakota
Just read the whole thing. Looks good! I have a 5.3 sitting in my dads shed that I want to get ready to get put in my monte. I'll be following along!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Well guys, I got some parts in. The ac delete panel and cowl panel i got from gbodypart's is giving me some fitment trouble. But I got knock sensors installed an arp bolts for the valley cover, have a few other things coming in this week. Anyone got any ideas on why the ac delete panel wouldnt line up?

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Alright, not really a big update, got all the ac delete panel and cowl installed just waiting around for some money lol. But I am quitting my job as a truck driver to reopen the family garage. Used to be a big deal where I'm from when my uncle ran it. He got sick and had to shut down, he is fine now but due to his health and doctors orders he isnt allowed to do any hard labor. SOOO hes gonna let me reopen the shop under my management, he'll be an adviser you could say. If I dont know whats wrong with something he'll be the one to answer that question lol. Hoping everything goes smoothly, I know it can be rough but if I get half the business he had when he ran it I'll be making twice what I make now driving for a BS sawmill lol. Wish me luck guys!!!

Raymondautoresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2015
Mayville, Michigan
Alright, not really a big update, got all the ac delete panel and cowl installed just waiting around for some money lol. But I am quitting my job as a truck driver to reopen the family garage. Used to be a big deal where I'm from when my uncle ran it. He got sick and had to shut down, he is fine now but due to his health and doctors orders he isnt allowed to do any hard labor. SOOO hes gonna let me reopen the shop under my management, he'll be an adviser you could say. If I dont know whats wrong with something he'll be the one to answer that question lol. Hoping everything goes smoothly, I know it can be rough but if I get half the business he had when he ran it I'll be making twice what I make now driving for a BS sawmill lol. Wish me luck guys!!!
Dont spend all your money on tools!!!!!;);)

Raymondautoresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2015
Mayville, Michigan
I like buying tools too:eek::blam:
IMG_3471.JPG
Dont spend all your money on tools!!!!!;);)
Oh and dont second guess yourself on your diagnosis.:doh:

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Nope I'm not dead people just been busy getting the shop together. My dad and I went in halves and bought a used shop lift and we are in the process of getting it bolted down and power run to it. So I have had to take a backseat on buying parts for the G for a lil bit. But I'm still tinkering with it and gathering ideas, it'll come together quicker when I get some cash flow. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor