1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
MAN everytime I see your ride reminds me of Darth Vader.... I 've been tossing the idea of doing the storm trooper build with mine! :lol:
this is what i'm working with.. just would love to see it done like yours!
20140427_173750_zpszxcva2no.jpg

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Test fitting one of the new rims. 20x8.5" Rocket Racing Booster Hypershot. Fits pretty good. Could stand to be spaced out a hair but I think it should be okay as-is. Need to decided on a tire size now.
Rears will be 20x10's with 305 width tires. Just not sure how aspect ratio yet.
These wheels will give me more room to play around with as the 17x9.5's and 17x11's were just too much. They work but do rub and don't allow me to run anything larger than a 12" brake rotor. :(
With these 20's I should be able to go to something like a Baer Extreme Plus system with 14"-15" brake rotors and 6 piston calipers. :)

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I dig the wheels.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Thanks. Taken a pretty big break from the car. Started a new job in January and have been traveling a lot.
I have managed to install new tubular lower control arms and upgraded the front brakes to a C5 hybrid setup that uses a 14" cross drilled Z06 rotor and the C5 calipers.
Just waiting on the rest of the wheels to come in.

Picture of the 14" rotor next to the 12" rotor I took off:

Reactions: 1 user

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Yeah, I'll definitely need to watch the potholes and remember not to drive the car like I do my truck. :)
It'll be tight going much taller but I might give it a try later on. These are 255/30r20's up front which if I remember correctly are 26" tall. I could try a 255/35r20 which would be 27" tall I believe.
Rears will be a little over 27" too with 305/30r20s.

You planning on hitting a few car shows this summer with this car?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I hope to hit a few shows but who knows. Once I get all the wheels on and the car aligned I could at least start driving it some.

Melvin, I'm saving the wheels and tires for a friend. Hope to use them as partial payment for some more paint work on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor