1987 Olds Pro-touring project build - Now with paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
man I bet that thing is turning heads everywhere it goes! :wink: looking very good and yeah the 6th gear is pretty much useless at lower speeds. Though I would imagine the 455 would produce more then enough torque to make a difference.... my stock ls1 rarely see's 6th even at 70+ , I like to keep it in it's powerband... 8)

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I think it should pull 6th gear okay once I have the engine tuned better. But that's still a pretty high gear. It works out to a 2.15 with the 4.30 gears and .5 overdrive. It should work a lot better up around 65-70 mph.

aft3rsh0ck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2013
minus the bodykit and the hood this is the EXACT look im going for. right down to the tire and rim combo
can you provide some details on sizing of rims, tires, backspace or offset of the rims and if any modifications were done to the frame?

Killer job bro

aft3rsh0ck said:
minus the bodykit and the hood this is the EXACT look im going for. right down to the tire and rim combo
can you provide some details on sizing of rims, tires, backspace or offset of the rims and if any modifications were done to the frame?

Killer job bro
Lots of good pics and details early in this thread. He's been working on this for several years.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
2.13... decent final drive gear. I have a 3.50:1 1st gear Saginaw with a 2.29 rear. With the current tires I have (225/50/16) it's around 1900rpm at 60. Seeing that the tallest T-56 1st ratio is 2.66:1, I can only imagine how much traction you won't have in 1st (probably 2nd too)... I have very little traction with mine and it's mild little 350.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
November 25th is the big day. The Olds goes to the chassis dyno to finally be tuned properly!
I can't wait!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I think it's about time for an updated picture for your signature, eh? 8)

I can't wait to hear what kind of numbers it throws down...
Speaking of hearing, a video or two of some good WOT pulls might be nice!

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I'll definitely have video of a few of the pulls. Hoping to borrow a friends GoPro to use since the sound quality should be better than my phone.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
results?? :wink:

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
85GPLef41 said:
results?? :wink:

I don't take it until the 25th. I'm in a mad rush right now to get my keyless entry and emergency entry stuff installed so I can install the door glass.
I'll be trailering the car there but it's hard to tell what the weather could be like this time of year so I need everything sealed up just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor