1990 S15 Jimmy value

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I paid 1k for my 93 Sonoma running and driving.

Reactions: 1 user

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I spoke with my neighbor today about the truck. His friend got the blazer in a package deal when he bought a 61 vette. My neighbor is building the engine for the guy, so it’s sitting at his garage. I’ll find out this week a little more info it and see if it’s in my range.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
4.3 means its a V-6. How's the frame for condition and rust? Floorboards and rocker panels? Pull the dipstick to check the oil for smell and color? Same/same with the t-box stick if an auto. If an Auto could be a 700R4 or a 200R4, might even be a 4l60.

Tires. Any sign of eccentric wear in the tread pattern? All the nuts there? Hoses being off, any sign of the rad leaking or possibly a broken freeze plug?

Probable that the battery is dead but you can use a substitute to put power on the electrical systems. This Is Not to Start It. There is an OBD port at the bottom of the dash on the lower left side. With power on the vehicle, you can plug in a Code Reader and learn if there are any codes or default notices in the memory.

As for any type of start up, just me thinking for myself here, but an oil and fliter change and a thorough pre-lube of the engine would make trying to do a start be a happier experience. Would also be considering changing out the fuel filters and pumping the tank out as gas goes rotten bad very quickly and easily now.

Price?? 2500.00 max

Nick

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
4.3 means its a V-6. How's the frame for condition and rust? Floorboards and rocker panels? Pull the dipstick to check the oil for smell and color? Same/same with the t-box stick if an auto. If an Auto could be a 700R4 or a 200R4, might even be a 4l60.

Tires. Any sign of eccentric wear in the tread pattern? All the nuts there? Hoses being off, any sign of the rad leaking or possibly a broken freeze plug?

Probable that the battery is dead but you can use a substitute to put power on the electrical systems. This Is Not to Start It. There is an OBD port at the bottom of the dash on the lower left side. With power on the vehicle, you can plug in a Code Reader and learn if there are any codes or default notices in the memory.

As for any type of start up, just me thinking for myself here, but an oil and fliter change and a thorough pre-lube of the engine would make trying to do a start be a happier experience. Would also be considering changing out the fuel filters and pumping the tank out as gas goes rotten bad very quickly and easily now.

Price?? 2500.00 max

Nick
This truck has been sitting for many years. The last inspection was due in 2013. Tires are dry rotted. The interior is mint. The body is straight, but the hood and roof are peeling. It’s a clean truck overall, but it was parked for a reason. I told my neighbor it’s a $500 truck to me. He’ll talk to his friend this week and get back to me.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And now you wait. For a non runner that has sat that long, 5 bills is a good starting spot. It'll all depend on what value the current owner puts on it. One Q., here, does that absentee owner have the pink slip for it?

Nick

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
This truck has been sitting for many years. The last inspection was due in 2013. Tires are dry rotted. The interior is mint. The body is straight, but the hood and roof are peeling. It’s a clean truck overall, but it was parked for a reason. I told my neighbor it’s a $500 truck to me. He’ll talk to his friend this week and get back to me.
To be honest I think you would be surprised at the value on it, I have a buddy if you get it for $500 and want to make a quick few bucks on it.

• Agree

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
To be honest I think you would be surprised at the value on it, I have a buddy if you get it for $500 and want to make a quick few bucks on it.
It's a lesser, or less mature, version of what's been going on with gbodies... prices, and interest, are going way way up. Last few swap meets the first gen s10 stuff has been flying off the trailer.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
It's a lesser, or less mature, version of what's been going on with gbodies... prices, and interest, are going way way up. Last few swap meets the first gen s10 stuff has been flying off the trailer.
Just naturally how it all goes, just like how I was surprised there was a ton of great feedback on the Monte but now the GTO is "old" enough to be drawing attention for how clean and cool it is. They will all eventually turn into the 69 Chargers and Camaros with the prices to match for good condition

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor