1990 S15 Jimmy value

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I'd say with the fall 4x4 premium coming into swing he's probably going to get that 5k or close to it. Paint won't hut the price but someone may try to argue him down over the tires, depending how bad they are.
Tires are old, as the truck was off the road for a while. Value for these is all over the map, just like g bodies. I guess I should’ve jumped on it when I had the chance. I would’ve shot a nice single stage red on the truck and made a nice profit. Oh well.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Update: My neighbor wound up getting the truck running, it runs great. Needs a paint job and tires but it is solid. I should’ve scooped it up for $700, his friend is asking $5k now. Seems high, but I thought $1400 was high before.
See Reno 911 GIF by Schoolyard TV

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
$5K?? Just exactly where in the Union does this dude live that he thinks he can get 5 Large for a 33 year old truck? If it is Wyoming or Montana or Idaho, maybe but east of the Mississippi? Nuh-huh. North of the Mason-Dixon Line?? 🤣

As for an offer of 3700, the cab and truck box sides had better be absolutely solid, no damage or rust on the frame and the body mounts complete and intact. For that matter the interior should be pristine; no damage or deterioration to the seats, dash, or door panels, and no lights showing on the dash when the key is turned to run.

Most S-10/S-15's of that era ended up as bush buggies and got beaten to death on the back trails; where their rotting hulks probably still remain for the varmints to nest in. About 10 years or so back ago I had a fellow pull up beside me and try to talk me into selling my truck to him. Only thing was what he pulled in with was another S-10 and it had been ridden hard and put away un-serviced so, seeing that I turned him down cold to the point where I almost had to get rude to end his persistence. Like I said, bush buggies.

Nick

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
$5K?? Just exactly where in the Union does this dude live that he thinks he can get 5 Large for a 33 year old truck? If it is Wyoming or Montana or Idaho, maybe but east of the Mississippi? Nuh-huh. North of the Mason-Dixon Line?? 🤣

As for an offer of 3700, the cab and truck box sides had better be absolutely solid, no damage or rust on the frame and the body mounts complete and intact. For that matter the interior should be pristine; no damage or deterioration to the seats, dash, or door panels, and no lights showing on the dash when the key is turned to run.

Most S-10/S-15's of that era ended up as bush buggies and got beaten to death on the back trails; where their rotting hulks probably still remain for the varmints to nest in. About 10 years or so back ago I had a fellow pull up beside me and try to talk me into selling my truck to him. Only thing was what he pulled in with was another S-10 and it had been ridden hard and put away un-serviced so, seeing that I turned him down cold to the point where I almost had to get rude to end his persistence. Like I said, bush buggies.

Nick
Not sure if you looked at the original pics, but this truck is extremely clean for its age. It does need paint work in the top surfaces, but the body is very straight. Interior is nearly perfect too. I should’ve jumped on it at the original price I was offered.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor