200C trans, universal bellhousing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterwabbit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2006
IL
does anyone know if the 3.8L buick TH200C transmissions were 10 bolt universal, or were 6 bolt chevy-only pattern ?

trying to plan ahead if i want to put in a sbc or not

or try and find a 307 olds

do they make LT full length headers for 307 olds G body ?

and if i went with a sbc engine is anyone using the BIG-11104FLT flowtechs ? they look like what i want: 3 bolt flanges, long tube, 1 5/8"

do they fit without trouble ?

thanks for anything

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i would not bother with a 200c. they're less than a boat anchor. when you go to the SBC get a good 200r4. bowtie overdrives makes a very good level 2 performance trans for $1200.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Yeah, the TH200C is garbage. If you want a 3 speed, find a TH350 or step up to a TH200 4R overdrive. Don't run a TH200C unless you plan on replacing it with regularity. They can't even hold up behind a stock 110hp 231 v6.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
200c trans

i don't know if anybody has told you that if you go with a sbc in your car you will fall into a money pit!!!! thats because you'll have to change all your accessory brackets to start with and it all goes down hill from there

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
just go to the junkyard and pull the brackets off any sbc. the best is if you can find a serpentine belt set-up. look for late 80's through the 90's especially camaro's, astrovans, and trucks. you can even use the v6 setup the only difference is the belt length.(don't know why)

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Yeah, I think I put $150 in hoses, wiring harnesses, power steering pump, starter, alternator and brackets when I did my swap. It's not that bad. If you have a V6 car, you also need a radiator and a fan shroud too. So long as you have a good U pull it yard nearby that stuff is pretty cheap to get. If you have a good parts car it may be even cheaper. If you budget $300-400 for ancillaries you should be OK.

easterwabbit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2006
IL
delete thanks

easterwabbit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2006
IL

i plan on taking car to shredder now, i have no time to do anything at all with this car and the city is on me about it not running and sitting parked

so

bye bye G body with mint solid frame and clean dash and so on

thanks!

good luck

happy holidays
!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor