2019 Corvette ZR1 made by Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I would happily entertain an LSA/T6060 donor, if it weren't worth 3 times the maximum I hope to put into my coupe.

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I routinely piss off corvette groups at shows by asking ;;; Is this the future engine donors of America club????
Well last year I decided to recycle a few more vette parts for my use.
20161015_200836 by joe leleux, on Flickr

If you hate it , you don't have to look.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
The vast majority of Vette owners are card-carrying AARP members that dislike most new cars anyway, and don't care for G-bodies either. They barely respect the turbo Regals, but that's about it.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The vast majority of Vette owners are card-carrying AARP members that dislike most new cars anyway, and don't care for G-bodies either. They barely respect the turbo Regals, but that's about it.

Chevy knew the average age of their buyers was approaching 60, which is why they switched to the C7... to attract rich 40-50 year old GTR and M3 buyers. It worked to sell Z06's (and GS's), but my local Chevy dealers has about 150 "base" C7's sitting on the lot that nobody wants.

With each successive Corvette, Chevy finds a way to make them cheaper than the previous model, but also charge more, so they are a cash cow and they have a ton of room to "deal", but this also means the previous models have no resale value, so when the 65 year old Corvette guy goes to trade in his low mile, like new 4LT C6 (that he paid almost $70K for 6 years ago) on a $61K C7 ($72K - $11K mark down), the dealer says "I'll give you $19K trade-in".

The 65 year old whiny***** Corvette owner, looks back at his like C6 and says "the C7's are ugly anyway" and drives away in his C6.

The result of all this is my local chevy dealer has 150 base C7's sitting on the lot.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
A C5 Z06 is on my short list of must have cars.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I sure hope that spoiler is functional. You can tell it is a current GM product, tiny side windows.

Nov 4, 2012
I thought the new Ford Mustangs looked like Honda Accord coupes at first, but they have grown on me.

I don't mind the new Corvettes, I think GM did a nice job making the car more modern and a better competitor to cars like the BMW M3 without totally ditching the Corvette look. I think GM realized the 'Vette wasn't really appealing to younger buyers, and it was easily outperformed by European sports cars. It had become an "old man's sports car" and while it wasn't bad, it was too much money for not enough car. I believe this car was meant to address that, and based on rumors, the next gen Corvette is supposed to be mid-engined, and this car will probably serve as a transition from the C4, C5, C6 cars to what the mid engine Corvette will be.

That all said, that wing on the back looks awful.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
...so when the 65 year old Corvette guy goes to trade in his low mile, like new 4LT C6 (that he paid almost $70K for 6 years ago) on a $61K C7 ($72K - $11K mark down), the dealer says "I'll give you $19K trade-in".

The 65 year old whiny***** Corvette owner, looks back at his like C6 and says "the C7's are ugly anyway" and drives away in his C6.
I think you just described one of my uncles. Wisdom doesn't always come with age. He's also sitting on an '88 that he's convinced is worth $50k because it's only got 20k miles on the clock. Oh, Corvette guys.
:blam:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Personally I liked the 90's ZR1 and then didn't like a Vette until the c6 came out, I think the c5's are hideous. After seeing the c7 I didn't care for the c6 nearly as much.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I think you just described one of my uncles. Wisdom doesn't always come with age. He's also sitting on an '88 that he's convinced is worth $50k because it's only got 20k miles on the clock. Oh, Corvette guys.
:blam:

I know soo many people like this. (Big generalization here but,) Corvettes are a sports car for people who know nothing about cars; they are usually bought as a status symbol for "I'm retired and I have money to spend on expensive, unnecessary stuff, and I'm still cool and hip because I have a sports car".

And I'm willing to bet 90% of those Corvettes never hit 100 mph for more than a few seconds at a time, never see rain, snow, etc., never see an autocross course or a drag strip. They sit in the garage and collect 15-40,000 miles of the course of 20 years. And then their owners decide they don't use the car enough and want the money back and try to sell it as a "classic" in pristine condition with ultra low miles for way more than it's worth. Then the market is flooded with old, overpriced Corvettes that no one wants.

I think this latest Corvette is designed with this in mind, and trying to change the demographic of it's buyers to address that issue.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor