cjs4.jpg
Absolutely...positively... NO!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I would not exceed more than 12-18" in height. It can get sketchy raising the car higher to place/remove the cribbing.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I did this for a body stand. It worked good but was only about 20" high. I've done the cribbing method under wheels, it works really well also.

View attachment 146415

Looks fine for storage, but I wouldn't be under this doing anything more than measuring or taking a picture. But then again, I don't like being under a car on a lift either.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I would never use wood to hold a car up. 2 x 4 is made of pine, which is a very soft wood. Is your life, or one of you friends or families life, not worth the extra money to buy a good set of jack stands??
Wood beams hold up entire homes when in the process of being lifted off their foundations and moved to a new location.

Personally, I use short lengths of railroad ties to support a vehicle while I'm working underneath. I feel much more comfortable with this method rather than a couple of rickety jack stands.

If you have nothing but solid wood between the frame/tires and the ground....AND the width of whatever you are using is enough to not introduce stability issues..... I don't see the concern.

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Looks fine for storage, but I wouldn't be under this doing anything more than measuring or taking a picture. But then again, I don't like being under a car on a lift either.
But I watched a YouTube video before I built it. Had to be safe.

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Ive been using a setup similar to this for years and haven't had an issue.
Perfect for doing anything under the car that requires you to have the vehicle at ride height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor