36 mm Front Sway Bar Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
One of the brackets on my GP has broken. I found that 99 to 10 Chev Silverado and GMC Siera have the 36 mm bar brackets that look the same as what the G body uses. Has anyone here used those truck brackets on their G body? I figure it would be easy to get a set of those or do you guys have any other suggestions.....:)

Reactions: 1 users

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
If the bolt pacing is not the same you may be out of luck. If the height are not the same, grab both sides. Sway bars need to be parallel to the ground but have no idea where in space they are located so long as they do not go into bind.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have always used this style urethane mount with grease fittings for my front sway.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-5213g/overview/

ens-9-5165g_ml.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Iirc, O'Reilly auto parts has brackets and bushings for this upgrade. This is on my to do list next week. I also want swap in a camaro rear sway bar like pontiacgp has done. I've already straightened the bar, just need to fit it to the car.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I measured my 2000 Yukon XL 2500 Swaybar bracket. The holes are on 3" centers. The sway bar measured 1.420" (36mm) The factory truck brackets may not work on a car.
Just drill a new hole vertically and then add a hole to the side of the frame and insert a nut dor the bolt to grab.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm going to head to Napa tomorrow and get the ones for the truck and I'll see how they fit, hopefully they will be in stock. I found the ones that 565bbchevy posted on Amazon.ca for $47 which is a good price. The brackets than I am using now are from the same car I got the bar from. It was a tight squeeze to get them on but I did get the bolts in and it took about 5 years before one broke. I like the truck ones cause they are a sorta current vehicle so I'm thinking they should have parts available at a parts store....

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
If you still have your original brackets you can just order replacement 36mm bushings that fit them. Thats what I did. I got poly bushings from Rock Auto for $12 iirc. I bought them for a Camaro. They fit the brackets, but you have to trim a nub off the bottom of the bushing so you can bolt everything to the frame.

Screenshot_20180708-070846.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you still have your original brackets you can just order replacement 36mm bushings that fit them. Thats what I did. I got poly bushings from Rock Auto for $12 iirc. I bought them for a Camaro. They fit the brackets, but you have to trim a nub off the bottom of thethe bush so you can bolt everything to the frame.

View attachment 91670

thanks, it's the bracket that in broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor