megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT

Billss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 23, 2009
Queens,NY
I have the Eagle stroker kit. 10.5-1 compression flat tops and fully ballanced. Make sure you get the ballanced assembly, it's cheaper than sending it out to get done!

racebiker1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2009
I bought my 383 eagle rotating assembly from the Engine Shop in Winona MN for 730 that included shipping.

pmgm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2010
Billss said:
I have the Eagle stroker kit. 10.5-1 compression flat tops and fully ballanced. Make sure you get the ballanced assembly, it's cheaper than sending it out to get done!
Did you have to have anymore machine done to ballance the kit? Or was was it dead on out the box?

Thanks

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i don't know about eagle or scat, but my S-O-M kit came with a balance card showing what they did. IIRC it was balanced to w/in .1g!

NAILS

Apprentice
Feb 26, 2009
THE ROCK, NY
http://www.northernautoparts.com/Produc ... uctId=2993

if your talking mild then this is your best bang for the buck. ( maybe add a roller cam w/ some more duration and nicer lope if your looking for that snotty sound and a bit more performance )

also on this site you will see they sell a good selection of scat performance parts at very reasonable prices in comparison to summit and jegs. honestly, ive build sbcs with scat cast cranks, stock rods and trw pistons 11.5:1 s w/ 200 shot of juice all season long no problems ( with juice seeing round 450-500 hp) . i built a 496 last summer with a scat 9000 series cast stroker crank i bought it from northern as a rotating assembly - ive pushed it to 6k rpm all last summer, a few nitrous hits, and a few launches at the track. motor is right at 500hp pump gas built for mostly seeing the street, not the track. this is prob the best set up ive had on a budget ( right around 800 bucks with bearings ) so to answer your question, im pretty happy with scat parts- and as far as eagle parts- ive used some rods- no cranks. never bent or threw an eagle rod... yet ( knock on wood )

good luck

hotrod87

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2010
Plainfield, IN
I have an eagle crank internally balanced, hbeam 6" rods, je flat top pistons (10.5 to 1) I have run at the track with a full size 5400# truck(14.20's with a wire sparking to the header). I am pretty hard on it bringing it to 6000 with out thinking twice.....I will always run eagle from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor