4DR Sleeper G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
thats awesome! the funny thing is i was just looking at the new jegs mag and saw the sb-chevy supercharger going for 1999.99 and was thinking about my budget and how id have to wait 4 months to get it.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I like! :D

Here's my 4-door sleeper (still in progress):

26087_379219406422_554071422_4209249_4398517_n.jpg

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Nice to see ya over here too. Haven't seen you around on MR lately.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
love it, :mrgreen:

wanna trade by any chance? lol

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I like it but I agree with the others in that its hardly a sleeper. Not that you can't talk some people into raceing you for some scoobie snacks but.. If Phoenyx's car was fast it would be a sleeper. A few years ago I went to the Buick Nationals in Bowling green KY and they had a Cutlass woody wagon gbody with wire hub caps. The only thing that might have tipped you off was the I think 235/60/15 drag radials on the back. EVERYTHING else about it looked like it was a few months away from finishing its duties as wellfare moms long neglected car seat hauler heading to the local salvage yard. White walls up front quiet 6 cylinder Buick turbo that ran like traction limited high 9s at stupid mph. One skinny tail pipe that was for looks. :twisted: I bet that car made him stupid money. The hardest part would be not over setting up the stoop.

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
Thanks for all the comments. Here's some more photos and some replies below:

Cool cruise with the local Turbo Buick club. 14 Turbos and one 4DR:

4dr_turbo_buick_cruise_to_monterey1.jpg

Front end and brakes shot. AFCO springs with 3" weight jackers above, Bilsteins:

4dr_front_undershot1_shrunk.jpg

Front brakes before shooting the calipers with BBQ flat black paint - they showed too much when the wheels were spinning. It hurt to spray them :(

4dr_globwest_wilwood13x6.jpg

Rears after painting, 12.5":

4dr_rearbrakeinstalled1.jpg

I had to draw this up to get every thing straight in my head:

4dr_ignition_block_diagram_rev1.5.jpg

Underside details:

4drundercarshot_labelled061304.jpg

All my electronics are mounted on the inside of the AC/heater blockoff panel, shown here with some other bits, before I painted the intercooler flat black (front only, very light with Eastwood Radiator paint):

parts_assortment.jpg

Comments about Mailbu Racing - got married, bought a house, cut way back on my internet time. But I did get a 3-car garage out of it and am setting up the end bay as my workshop. First time I've every had any space to have a real workshop.

Fuel Cell: As soon as I got it mounted in there, I used black undercoat to cover that awful red. I have only had one person comment on the cell - it is pretty well tucked up under there if you are standing or driving. No plumbing shows either.

Phoenyx: I like that paint job - it is low key and tasteful. I am thinking of a bland grey perhaps with some subtle pearl.

Sleeper Issues: It is currently too loud and has a bit of a blower whine with the T-trim, and it does blow the sleeper image when you pull into a group of guys. I am working to add larger mufflers in addition to putting a bullet muffler on each side after the H-pipe.

More to come on the new motor, probably tomorrow.

Jim

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I found this in another thread about a sleeper....this is a nice one and who would guess what it had under the hood

file.php

file.php

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well welcome back to the internet. And congrats on the marriage, house and especially the shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor