4DR Sleeper G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
The tires are OK. How many slow cars put mean looking big tires on? Quite a few around here. And for that fuel cell, after it's black, add a trailer hitch and it should be all good.

I would like to see some videos of that thing in action. 8)

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
I've never taken any videos but will do one when I fire up the new mill, and then the first dyno session with it.

I was pretty careful with the wheel and tire sizing - I didn't want something grotesque.

Here's another angle and a couple other shots:
4dr_front_fixed2.jpg

The Hughes-built 4L80E attached to the 383, ready to drop in:
383_mpfi_vortech_4l80e.jpg

The Moser Pro 12-bolt and Wolfe spherical upper control arm setup:
4dr_rearendondollyready1.jpg

For sound control I wrapped the exhaust system and Flowmasters (gets rid of that Flowmaster ring). First with ceramic batting:
4dr_exhaust_wrapped1.jpg

Then black header wrap:
4dr_exhaust_wrapped2a.jpg

Bracing up the front lower control arm mounts for the rearend. Prepping:
4dr_framebrace_prep2.jpg

And ready for paint (I am clearly not a welder, but they are strong enough...):
4dr_framebrace_weldedandcleaned.jpg

Here's my build site if interested:
http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html

Jim

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Your car just makes me smile :D

I love seeing someone put more money into a 4-door than I have so far lol.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Definitely one of my favourite builds. I wonder what the interior is like. Even though it's a sleeper it makes me drool. Let's not dwell on technicalities people. The sleeper concept applies but we all get the point. The car is sick, the build is outstanding. Well done bro.
:friday:

stomis

Master Mechanic
May 14, 2010
Brick NJ
Boner

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Hell yeah. That is a sweet 4dr. I have an '83 Cutlass 4dr that I have been thinking of making into a sleeper also. It must be super fun to roll up to next to an unsuspecting Mustang on the highway and blow his doors off right after he laughs at your 4dr grocery getter. What size is that small block? Any idea what kind of gas milage you're getting?

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Opie Knievel said:
It must be super fun to roll up to next to an unsuspecting Mustang on the highway and blow his doors off right after he laughs at your 4dr grocery getter.

Oh it's very fun (well I don't do the highway thing, but light to light in town). When I had the 305 I wasn't blowing all their doors off, but I was staying ahead.

I remember one guy, looked like he was still a teenager, or early 20s. He had a beat flat black 80s Cobra Mustang. He pulled up beside me and revved his engine. I gave mine a slight rev (was still in gear). He looked over at my car and literally laughed. His car sounded pretty good, so I wasn't to sure what was gonna happen. The light went green, and I pretty much smoked his car. He was going easy on me, but by the time he realized I had a little something it was to late for him.

Then we get lined up again at the next light. This time he's serious. He's bouncing around trying to get in the perfect position in his seat, gripping his steering wheel hard with one hand, grabbing the shifter with 'authority' with his other hand, and has a real serious look on his face this time. I could almost hear his thoughts, ' no 4 door POS is gonna beat my Mustang'. lol So the light goes green, he dumps his clutch and we're off. I took him off the line, and stayed about a foot ahead of him for the first 50' or so. But then I started pulling away (his shifting skills weren't exactly great either lol), the whole time he's hitting his steering wheel and yelling something at his car(maybe he thought it would make him go faster?).

The next set of lights we get lined up again, but this time he just turns right (he was in the right hand lane) and took off with his tail between his legs. And yes, it feels really good lol.

Another good thing about s 4-door sleepers, cops don't really pay to much attention to them. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor