4L80E Terminator X Max wiring question?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Where are you supposed to have power? With the key on, I only a 4.7 Volt reference on one of the side terminals on the big main connector. I am going to check off the back of the ECM and make sure the red, have power at the trans fuse and the red and white key on have 12 volts.

Between J3 and J4 is the main power. Those 2 leads directly to the battery posts.
Then you have a couple grounds and 4 red wires. 2 to 12 volts constant. Must be high amperage connections. They feed the transmission solenoids and injectors. The other 2 red wires go to key on key to crank 12 volts.

Your 4.7 might be a sensor power. It's 5 volts.

Thanks. I figured it out. I only had sensor voltage, 4.7 volts at the L pin. I figured out, there should be 12 volts at the E pin, nope. Found the actual pin to letter and a better Holley diagram. My key on power was fine, I realized I checked the fuse beside the trans fuse. The trans fuse had nothing, traced the wire back to the battery, on the negative side! Put it on the positive, now have all gears, 1850 rpm at 60 mph.
image.png
Screenshot_20240820_153525_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor