4x4 th350 bop transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryg

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2008
western Mass
Man am I an idiot. I didnt realize this was even possible but it is, I bought a 403 olds with a turbo 350 attached to it, but its for a 4X4. Since I never see very many buick, oldsmobile or pontiac trucks running around it didnt occur to me. The transmission has B&M torque converter and shift kit but no tailshaft. I just "assumed" a simple tail shaft change would get me going but now that doesnt look like the case at all. Does this transmission have any value to jeep or 4x4 people? I bet it might with the 403 still attached but how about alone? :roll: What a dope. :?

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
Did this trans and engine happen to come out of a truck that originally had an Olds 350 diesel? They frequently got Olds motor replacements when the diesel died.

Larryg

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2008
western Mass
I believe it was out of someones custom Jeep. I knew this but didnt realize that there was any difference in the th350 trannys between 4x4 and 2wd. I may go visit a jeep shop to see if they're interested in the transmission instead of buying a shaft and going thru the entire transmission to replace the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor