6k-Mile 1987 Buick GNX on BaT

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If I had stupid money, which I don't, I would buy it and beat the crap out of it.
I'm usually stupid with money. At least the wife says so.

It would be a great snag if someone was really into getting a GNX. But you gotta be SERIOUS. Not like they just show up all the time for sale. And this one sure is purty.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'm usually stupid with money. At least the wife says so.

It would be a great snag if someone was really into getting a GNX. But you gotta be SERIOUS. Not like they just show up all the time for sale. And this one sure is purty.
You could buy it for the wife to drive, just tell her she needs to keep it 6 yrs instead of trading up for a new car every 2 years.

It'll even be cheaper, plus keep better resale.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
You could buy it for the wife to drive, just tell her she needs to keep it 6 yrs instead of trading up for a new car every 2 years.

^^^THIS^^^ Holy shiit, I might bid...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
guy i work with is using this angle on his lady about a hellcat purchase..
Beverly Hills GIF by Slice
:LOL:

• Haha

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
So the car sold for $122,500.
If that was too much for you or you thought it was just too high on mileage, give this one a look:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's one thing to pay that kind of money for a historically significant car and drive it around. It's another to pay that kind of money to just to sit it in a corner and look at it. If it were a true race car with no ability to be legally street driven, ok, then it's more palatable to buy it and display it. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Museum cars have their plus points too.

SO....the fact being I'll likely NEVER see one prowling the streets again so I never have to fear one ever blowing my doors off. It's the car that exists, but really doesn't. I have only seen one in my life in the wild on the road. It may have been a clone, but unlikely as this was circa 1990. Nice looking cars, but it's a niche car for niche people. The general Joe Working Class types likely won't ever get their hands on one.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
And there is auction running right now on another one with even less miles. Already has a $200K bid:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Is it me or is every GNX collector/hoarder/investor cashing out the cars? Seems like I've seen alot of low mielage cars being sold unless they're on a six month ownership then off to the next flipper.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor