7.5 rear Posi

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
eBay listing LABLT GM 7.5" Posi Unit 26 Spline Limited-Slip Locker with bearings :ROFLMAO: for $179 insanely cheap. I was wondering if anyone has used it yet? this might be a option for a stock engine car.

eBay item number:255980654233

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 57
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 62

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
eBay listing LABLT GM 7.5" Posi Unit 26 Spline Limited-Slip Locker with bearings :ROFLMAO: for $179 insanely cheap. I was wondering if anyone has used it yet? this might be a option for a stock engine car.

eBay item number:255980654233
I feel I would trust an early S10 G80 carrier more than that. I picked up an entire 4X4 S10 posi rear with 4:10s for 100 bucks and poached the carrier. Sold the axles for 40 bucks so it was essentially $60

Reactions: 1 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
still makes me wonder. for that price i bet people buy them

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
still makes me wonder. for that price i bet people buy them
What you're telling us is any cheap azz with a monte ss out there listing it for sale as 'posi rear' is now instantly suspect.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
What you're telling us is any cheap azz with a monte ss out there listing it for sale as 'posi rear' is now instantly suspect.
huh where did that come from ? .... and no that's not what I meant lol

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
huh where did that come from ? .... and no that's not what I meant lol
Whelp, t-types/GNs, and HO/442s all came with 8.5s... so, aside from usual cost of entry, they aren't buying 7.5 carriers.

Buts there's probably better than 2 MCSS cars made for every 1 other performance gbody combined, which, is why you see so many still available for $2k to $4k, and, within that pricepoint usually ugly, faded, and full of cheap hack job repairs. Every one of which wants something to go with their $500 ls swap where they welded parts directly to the frame, run open pipes made of flexible exhaust sections, and used electrical tape to make a hacked harness.

This product checks their boxes nicely while giving them street cred in the trailer park.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
Whelp, t-types/GNs, and HO/442s all came with 8.5s... so, aside from usual cost of entry, they aren't buying 7.5 carriers.

Buts there's probably better than 2 MCSS cars made for every 1 other performance gbody combined, which, is why you see so many still available for $2k to $4k, and, within that pricepoint usually ugly, faded, and full of cheap hack job repairs. Every one of which wants something to go with their $500 ls swap where they welded parts directly to the frame, run open pipes made of flexible exhaust sections, and used electrical tape to make a hacked harness.

This product checks their boxes nicely while giving them street cred in the trailer park.
(n)

Last edited:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Good to hear from you lol.

nycutlass a 26 spline posi has the worst of both worlds - 7.5 and tooth pick axles. But I’ll agree with you that for a stock build or even a hopped up 300hp motor it will work just fine.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
ck80

Trailer park??? SMH and laughing out loud - literally.

I’m headed to MW Drags and I know there will be at least 3 white MCSS’s there (me being one of them.) But the park that my trailer came from will be U-haul’s parking lot ……. Hehe

Maybe I can get a pic of all of in one shot!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor