78-80 cutlass body panels and fiberglass hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokedcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2011
Backwoods
I'm new to the forum and I could use some help I have a 80 olds cutlass supreme project car that I'm putting a olds 425 super t10 4speed and a ford 9" in but I've looked everywhere for quarter panels w no luck (jc Whitney says they can order them for $400 EACH PLUS $80 for freight that's close to $900 for just quarter panels it's alittle outta my price range) does anyone know where I can find a dr and pass quarters
Also I've seen tons of threads for the 442 style w45 fiberglass hood but to this day I can't find a comp that makes them for the 78-80 IF I have a 82-88 I can find the hoods everywhere any suggestions where I can find this hood for the 78-80? I've checked vfn us body source etc etc and no luck any help would be greatly appreciated

19cutlass79

Greasemonkey
Mar 7, 2010
If you can't find a fiber hood you can always be on the lookout for the aluminum hood that came stock on some cutlasses of those years, my cutlass had one didn't know until my uncle painted it and it started wrinkling the primer.

Wade

Stokedcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2011
Backwoods
That's what I was afraid of the fg cowl hood is just boring and it doesn't look right on the gbodys I think it's us body source that offers a limited choice of scoop styles for their fg hoods maybe I'll go w a ford thunderbolt style teardrop for something unique I live in ks so finding a rust free donor car for quarters is pretty slim although I have come across a pretty clean none running gbody buick ttype a few miles away from here that's for sale but it doesn't help me thanks for the input guyd

Stokedcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2011
Backwoods
I live in the sticks between a small town called Pomona and another small town called Williamsburg blazen I like your olds I actually thought about goin w that color set up w silver strips but now I'm tossing around the idea of a burnt orange or copper w silver strips off topic/post but my 80 cutlass s has 4 frt headlights I've seen 80 s w only 2 headlights what's the deal w that?!

Stokedcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2011
Backwoods
I dO have some pics of the frt of my cutty but I have to get a photobucket app for my iPhone to upload pics so I've been puttin it off these iPhones are kinda a pain in the *ss at times but I have a 80 cutlass supreme coupe it had the puny lil 260 v8 and turbo 350 trans

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO
My cutlass also had the 260 its a dog but it runs good. I put it in my 83 after the shitty v6 blew.

Kutdoctor2k11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2011
if ur looking for quarter panel always try ebay i was able to get high quality parts for my 79 still on the look out for the waterfall grills though its a pin trying to find thinking bout just cutting the entire grill out and fabricating a custom chrome grille that runs horizontal across

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor