78-80 Cutlass Salon Fastbacks- any on the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1980cuttysb5.7 said:
no cuz they suck they only cam with v6 and there wack

Well I guess everybody hast there own opinion. Lots of cars came with the v6 does that mean there are "wack"? There is nothing to putting a v8 inplace of the v6 if you know what your doing. I may be mistaken but I think some came with v8's in them not just the v6.

1980cuttysb5.7 said:
no cuz they suck they only cam with v6 and there wack

Are you out of grammar school yet? :lol:

They did come with V8's. Some even with 4 and 5 speed manuals too. There's a nice Black & Gold 442 in that body style over in Indiana that I like. I'm still not crazy about the 4 doors though.

ive been seein alot of them around phoenix and im starting to like them... if i get a chance to buy one i will!

Ahh the Buttless Cutlass! Not much into them but if I seen the 442 version for sale for a good price then I would scoop one up. Ugly but unique and interesting.

Have a 78 salon. Bucket seat, floor shift. 95k original miles. V8 and runs like a charm. Baby blue with white trim. Terrible but will go away shortly. Primer is much better. SBC in the works. Parts interchange with my 79 Elky. Grows on you after awhile. Need the interior rear window trim. White plastic didnt do well. Have fun with your wheels.

G-Body_Vet said:
There's a nice Black & Gold 442 in that body style over in Indiana that I like.

Is it in Northern Indiana? I can't believe I forgot about this: Last time I went to the Laporte Cruise Night at the fairgrounds I came across a guy with 2 Cutlasses and one of them was a black and gold 442 fastback with a factory manual trans. Very good condition.

Donutboy97 said:
I use to have a 4 door

Car1.jpg

C2.jpg
man there one i see almost everyday its brown i DROOL over it everytime i see him driving... i also kno were one is parked im tempted to go and ask if its forsale lol

First post on here for me I have a 79 that was ordered with a 305 Chevy and a 4 speed with a 3.08 posi, also has reclining bucket seats and the rally gauge cluster. I have a copy of the window sticker showing the options.

It now has a .060 over 350 with bowtie heads and schoenfeld headers. With the new engine I now know what the "g body wiggle" is.

I cant bring myself to get rid of it because they are kind of odd, and my son likes it (wife thinks its soo ugly ha ha), anyway I will try to post some pics.

I kind of want to make it a nice street car, but part of me wants to street/strip it, what do you think? Also where can one find some interior parts for these?

Have a nice day. 😀

Attachments

• Tims spec engine 001.jpg
    Tims spec engine 001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 561
  • Tims spec engine 006.jpg
    Tims spec engine 006.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 576
  • Tims spec engine 002.jpg
    Tims spec engine 002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 658
Welcome to the forum. For interior parts check the for sale section on the forum, craigslist and local pull-it yards. Nice ride and good luck finding what you need.

79ugly said:
First post on here for me I have a 79 that was ordered with a 305 Chevy and a 4 speed with a 3.08 posi, also has reclining bucket seats and the rally gauge cluster. I have a copy of the window sticker showing the options.

It now has a .060 over 350 with bowtie heads and schoenfeld headers. With the new engine I now know what the "g body wiggle" is.

I cant bring myself to get rid of it because they are kind of odd, and my son likes it (wife thinks its soo ugly ha ha), anyway I will try to post some pics.

I kind of want to make it a nice street car, but part of me wants to street/strip it, what do you think? Also where can one find some interior parts for these?

Have a nice day. 😀
Rear window trim in made from unobtainium, impossible to find in decent shape. To get around the flange on the package tray, I used a blue headliner material on the tray, while covering the flange, and tucking the spare material between window and trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor